PDA

View Full Version : Is this a LW bug?

grafikdon
10-11-2003, 02:13 PM
I created the skelegons for my character, loaded everything in layout and converted to bones in layout. Everything was moving fine until I selected the left foot bone and hit 'match goal with orientation'...poof! Went layout...it crashed.

I loaded a fresh character, did everything from the scratch and the same thing happened. I finally decided to ignore the 'match goal with orientation' business and went ahead with the rigging but I noticed the Ik chain didn't move when I clicked on full time Ik. Thinking that I probably needed some help with my eyesight I moved the leg-goal, it failed to move the I chain. I pulled several times but all I got was jittery movements as if the chain was afraid to move an inch.

Obviously this is the first time I have encoutered this problem and I have no clue what was the cause. I went as far as loading past rigged characters for comparison and wasn't able to detect any inconsistency and that has left me utterly clueless which brings me to my question, is this a sort of bug or is there something I skipped in the setup? Anyone? :scream:

BAROBA
10-11-2003, 05:43 PM
I think you got 7.5c?
The same thing happend today to me too, a few times in a row, and then suddenly it is gone.
No idea what it caused or why it happpened ( and did stop afterwards ) I now save just before I click that little button of death :)

grafikdon
10-11-2003, 06:48 PM
Nope. I am using version 7.5. maybe it could be a problem with modeler, I will import a model from 5.6 and see what happens.

SplineGod
10-11-2003, 10:50 PM
You may have a corruptd config file. Back up the one you have now and try with a fresh one.

kretin
10-12-2003, 01:56 AM
I think you need to tell us more to know if its a problem with your IK setup, or maybe upload the scene file (doesn't need the object).

I can't see it being a problem with Modeler, it's the bones that are being affected, not the model.

I'd guess you're missing something...

grafikdon
10-12-2003, 02:31 AM
I have no clue, Kretin. I loaded a character that I rigged couple of months ago on version 7.0 without any hitch. The handles were all working but match goal with orientation still crashed the computer.

Splinegod: I did that already, wiped out every weight map and skelegon and started the rig from scratch to no avail. I even borrowed a skeleton from an older model but the IK handles still won't budge even though they worked on the older model. When you set rotation limit,a slight pull on the handle will throw the chain a rotational angle and no amount of pulling and yanking will make it budge.

I am thinking of uninstalling version 7.5 and reinstalling it, maybe that might make a difference, who knows.

kretin
10-12-2003, 02:53 AM
I'd be very interested in seeing your scene file... if you wanna email it to me...

SplineGod
10-12-2003, 03:01 AM
Ive seen that lockup happen before. I ended up redoing it from scratch but it was also in LW6.5-7.0

CGTalk Moderation
01-16-2006, 07:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.