PDA

View Full Version : nParticle Instancing Render Visibility - VRAY

Babaluba
11-29-2010, 08:15 PM
Hi There!

I created a confetti cannon in maya, i tried different approaches, but the best result I got with nParticles. Especially, because, when they land on something, they behave like cloth and this is very cool.

Besides I'm not that big into Particles and Dynamics.

So, the rest of my scene is prepared for rendering with VRAY. all the Lights and Materials are Vray related. Looks nice, BUT:

VRay seems to have a problem with rendering the nParticles. It is rendering the confetti quite right, but the confetti pieces are instanced objects and the original particles are still there to see, and when I render, maya shows an error, that Vray is not able to render the particles correct and it (the renderer) uses shades spheres instead. So I have my beautiful confetti and thousends of spheres flying around my scene.

But it don't have to be Vray...
Then I tried converting the scene, just a few objects and the emitter to work with mentalray, but here the particles will also be visible in the renderings. I tried to switch of the visibility of the particles within the emitter or with in the particle shape node, but then the instances will also be not rendered...

So what can I do to render the instances, but NOT the particles itself?
How can I fix this, because if I set the particles to be invisible in rendering, the confetti is also invisible.

any ideas? I'm going crazy

cheers

bluehonda
12-06-2010, 04:01 AM
place your nparticles in a layer. and template that layer. hope that works.

CGTalk Moderation
12-06-2010, 04:02 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.