PDA

View Full Version : You are subscribed to this thread SMC 54 (11.26.2010 to 12.10.2010)

MSus
11-26-2010, 04:39 PM
- The speed modelling challenges are open to everybody.
- In every challenge you will get a list of items. Pick one and try to model it as fast as possible. If you want, you can do all of them.
- Do not exceed the time limit of the challenge. If you're out of time and still haven't finished, post the unfinished model.
- If you finish before the time limit, spend the remaining time on refining and adding details to your model.
- Focus on modelling. Shading, lightning and "proper" rendering are optional (and thus not limited by time).
- Take as much time for reference hunting as you need.
- When posting your model make sure you post a wireframe of your model. (try to do more then one view of the model).
- You can do any challenge you want. The challenges are not closed when the SMC passes. If you fancy an older challenge, do that.
- For the concept items you have to create your own designs. If possible post the design images as well.

Items (2h time limit)

- snowplow,
- scissors,
- piranha,
- butterfly,
- hairdryer,
- roulette table,
- hair lice,
- garden tools (pitchfork, lawnmower, rake)
- an elk,
- boxing ring.

Themed Items (3h time limit) - Victorian era (18371901)

- evening dress,
- saloon,
- steam ship,
- hair style,
- bicycle.

Have fun modelling!

MSus
11-28-2010, 08:31 PM
Ah, me and my copy pasting :(

This is the current SMC.

whom
11-28-2010, 09:09 PM
lol felt obligatory with the title, really became slow in the last session though. I might focus more on finished models at the moment.
Will still be joining the concept sessions as that is perhaps the best practise there is, you got something in mind for the next concept session? :)

zethicus
11-30-2010, 06:29 PM
I've been working a little bit on my free time with the roulette table, modeling's almost done though!

I've timed myself I still have 30 more minutes :P

MSus
12-01-2010, 07:45 AM
lol felt obligatory with the title, really became slow in the last session though. I might focus more on finished models at the moment.
Will still be joining the concept sessions as that is perhaps the best practise there is, you got something in mind for the next concept session? :)

hehe, don't worry :) At least your practising. I'm so rusty that I'm worried I won't be able to find the insert edge loop tool next time I open Maya :(

I actually don't have anything in mind, if you have any ideas, concept wise, put it up. If not, I'll do it later today (after I do some googling).

@zet, Put it up, we want to see :)

PinkyandBrain
12-06-2010, 03:42 PM
Gave the Piranha a try, here's what i came up with.

1h 45

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_Emwbctng1t4/TP0EFxAJyDI/AAAAAAAAAEM/effZ_kB85co/s1600/Finish.jpg

And the Wire (smoothed @ 2 Iterations)
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_Emwbctng1t4/TP0EGdnKKhI/AAAAAAAAAEQ/zcKuaT31-js/s1600/wire.jpg

Eugenius
12-23-2010, 01:18 AM
Gave the hair dryer a shot:1hr & 50 mins.

CGTalk Moderation
12-23-2010, 01:18 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.