PDA

View Full Version : adding AO to mi_car_paint?

royter
11-25-2010, 12:50 AM
i dont like the classical mr ao texture because it doesnt behave like a directional ao contrary to the ao of the mia_material.
So i am trying to aombine the paint shader by plugging its result value to the aditional color of the mia_material (where everything is turned off except the ao), but i cant see the ao effect.
any ideas on how i can achieve this?

lostparanoia
11-25-2010, 01:33 PM
hmm... I don't think the additional color is affected by ao. it behaves more like piping something into incandesence of a lambert for example. but you should be able to plug the mia material's ao_raw into the car paint's base color to get what you're after

nookie
11-25-2010, 02:37 PM
I didn't try this why don't you use a mib_color_mix, pipe the carPaint as the base and a white "lambert" mia with occlusion on as color one and put it on multiply?

royter
11-25-2010, 03:17 PM
hmm... I don't think the additional color is affected by ao. it behaves more like piping something into incandesence of a lambert for example. but you should be able to plug the mia material's ao_raw into the car paint's base color to get what you're after

your connection works but my carpaint becomes super bright even if i turn off everything in the mia_material and keep diffuse and AO on.

I didn't try this why don't you use a mib_color_mix, pipe the carPaint as the base and a white "lambert" mia with occlusion on as color one and put it on multiply?
tried it, didnt work:
u cant drag and drop a material to a color slot (the connection editor opens), and how do u assign the color mix to your geometry (tried the SG method didnt work)?

nookie
11-25-2010, 03:23 PM
mhm, i think you have to connect the "result" to the color of the mib_color_mix.
Then you can drag the mix to the SG replacing the connection of the mia (or of the car paint... or whatever was assigned there).
I have no maya here so i cannot try, but i'll give it a shot when i'll be back home

CGTalk Moderation
11-25-2010, 03:23 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.