PDA

View Full Version : Mobility Radeon HD 5450

Silgrin4D
11-24-2010, 03:30 AM
As I hope to upgrade my hardware soon, I`m looking fwd to buying Vue.. and get into a trouble: all machines that otherwise fill my expectations have Mobility Radeon HD 5450. HDs are listed on the e-on page as causing some troubles, but does anybody have concrete experience with the current Vue on this card? What is the extent of the problems - slight slowdowns, massive sluggisheness or just a black hole? I tried Vue on my current Intel-based machine and it even didn`t install due to some absurd video card incompatibilities (old versions used to work there). As I don`t buy new machines every year, your help is highly appreciated!!

Raptar
12-06-2010, 06:14 PM
Hey if it helps I have used Vue extensively recently with a Radeon HD5850 and the troubles I've found are not performance based, I had no problems with that. The problems I've had are not seeing terrain correctly in the view-port and I know that this is a problem with OpenGL 2.1 and the way in which Vue uses it.

Saying that I have just done a large chunk of my major in Vue with this set-up so it shouldn't affect you too bad but it will be down to you.

Hope this helps!

CGTalk Moderation
12-06-2010, 06:14 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.