PDA

View Full Version : Renderer Plugin

alexcurtis
11-23-2010, 01:06 PM
Hi.

I have built a plugin for a custom software renderer. However at the moment it isnt very integrated within maya as a software renderer. It has seperate commands for rendering a scene and the settings window.

What i would like is to integrate it like other software renderer plugins (Mental Ray, Renderman For Maya). So there is a option in the renderer combo box + use the common settings.

I have searched through the API documentation + examples. There are lots of hardware / viewport renderer bits. But I couldn't find anything for software renderers.

I have implemented a bit of code that writes to the render view, but its not ideal as it still has the other renderer (mental ray) set as current.

Many Thanks,
-Alex

haggi
11-23-2010, 01:53 PM
You can have a look at mayaliquid or luxrender or other available free interfaces to see how they do it. But indeed the documentation for the implemantation of your own renderer is really bad.

For a overview of free renderers you can have a look here: free renderers (http://joomla.renderwiki.com/joomla/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=86&Itemid=76).

alexcurtis
11-23-2010, 02:10 PM
You can have a look at mayaliquid or luxrender or other available free interfaces to see how they do it. But indeed the documentation for the implemantation of your own renderer is really bad.

For a overview of free renderers you can have a look here: free renderers (http://joomla.renderwiki.com/joomla/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=86&Itemid=76).

Hi,

Yes. Looking at them. They seem to use MEL to link in a renderer.

Ideally I would like to avoid this.

Thanks,
-Alex

haggi
11-23-2010, 05:10 PM
Thats how mentalray and all others like vray or finalrender are implemented. You have to register a renderer and give it the necessary commands to execute a render or a batchrender.

CGTalk Moderation
11-23-2010, 05:10 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.