PDA

View Full Version : no .imsq files created

manlybrit
11-22-2010, 08:19 PM
hello

I am trying to render an animation in 3ds max 2010.

When i go to render output though it will not allow me to unselect 'autodesk ME image sequence' or 'legacy 3ds max image file list', I have to select one of those 2.

The first problem comes when i try to 'create now' as the error message 'no .imsq sequence files created; enable render output or render elements'

I am aware that the solution at this point is to change my avi file to an imsq file but the computer does not have that option meaning I am completed unable to render out an animation due to the restricted file options.

Can you suggest a way to either get the program off the .imsq power trip or tell me how i might go about getting my computer to use this new confusing format.

After looking on the net it seems i am the only one with this problem as i have found no help for it

Many thanks

Adam

j-man
11-23-2010, 04:29 PM
Hi,

I'm not sure you really need to worry about this. Firstlt, don't render an avi from max, render to sequenced image files. Use PNG or compressed tiffs, or another image format and then use a compositing or video editing program to join all of your images files into a video.
There are several reasons to do this
- if the computer crashes then you do not lose your progress so far.
- your frames are stored without compression and can be modified in a post process and then exported to your chosen video format.
- you can render a sub-sequence to correct any issues and not have to render the netire sequence again

To do this simply choose your output as if you were saving a still image and max will automatically sequence the image files for you.

J.

CGTalk Moderation
11-23-2010, 04:29 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.