PDA

View Full Version : Question: Rig Reference Model [3dsmax] ?

Polimeno
11-22-2010, 06:55 PM
Iīm just wondering how do you guys go about distributing a final character fully rigged up ready for animation under the production environment ?

I would love to hear elegant ways of doing file reference within 3dsmax.

Right now I have 03 characters, all using the same "shared rig" (structure, controls, features)...
I have tried Xref (Objects or Scene) and Containers but didnīt work quite good as I expected ...

I wish I could "link up" a pointer for the animators, so I could keep track of any request and change anything they want while they are animating without needing a merge operation every time...
We are having a few tech ajustments along the project (envelopes, expressions/shapes, aditional controls etc) and I donīt want to spend time fighting with the software and fixing each character scene-by-scene...

Thanks in advance

Polimeno
11-23-2010, 01:18 PM
.... forget about it, just found my answer to this question....

http://forums.cgsociety.org/showthread.php?f=6&t=413335&highlight=maya+rigging+file+reference

CGTalk Moderation
11-23-2010, 01:18 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.