PDA

View Full Version : Tell when mesh modified?

schizofrantic
11-19-2010, 03:59 AM
I cache some data about some meshes so I can do some fast operations on them. Works great except for when it gets edited manually. So I have to redo it whenever this happens or I get problems. Is there some easy way to tell when the last time a change that affects a mesh took place?

whisperwing
11-23-2010, 08:25 PM
I could be wrong, but I think unless your mesh is a custom node you wrote yourself that keeps an internal record of timestamps every time a modification is made to the shape, you won't be able to get "when the last time a change that affects a mesh took place".

schizofrantic
11-23-2010, 09:16 PM
I could be wrong, but I think unless your mesh is a custom node you wrote yourself that keeps an internal record of timestamps every time a modification is made to the shape, you won't be able to get "when the last time a change that affects a mesh took place".

I was afraid that was the case but was hoping otherwise.

Andrei2k
11-26-2010, 06:54 PM
WIth cached nodes you should be able to do a dgdirty check on the nodes in question and run a script depending on the result of the dgdirty command. It may work... although Ive only used it in different applications.

schizofrantic
11-27-2010, 03:01 AM
What I ended up doing is just checking the vertex count and redoing it if it was off. It's not a 100% solution for all uses but I think it solves my problem.

CGTalk Moderation
11-27-2010, 03:01 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.