PDA

View Full Version : Nurbs Brake Disc

nemuro
11-18-2010, 05:43 PM
Hi,

I tried making a NURBS Brake disk. I have the section of it but I don't know how to add depth to it also how to make the edges beveled.

See the attached screenshot and reference picture.

Also, was there a better approach? When I will make this Poly, it will have a high poly count.
I thought of modeling it by the rim technique ( Model just the part that seems to repeat, and duplicate around aixs and merge vertices ) but it seemed faster this way, at that time.

I am using Maya 2009, and someday I hope I use it for a living :)

Thank you!

nemuro
11-24-2010, 11:47 AM
Can anyone provide some help?

IRAFK
12-04-2010, 05:21 PM
The disc is flat. Try drawing the curves of the edges of the disc and then extruding them to their intended thickness.

Teloni
12-17-2010, 03:51 PM
You could try using a Bevel Plus operation.This will extrude the curves out with a beveled edge and also cap the open ends. This method though will leave you with a lot of work later cleaning up your topology on the hi-poly version.

JorelLatraille
01-05-2011, 01:26 PM
personally I would keep the nurbs curves for guides and make it out of polys, wouldnt take too long and wouldnt need to be too high poly either. There should be plenty of tutorials online for tackling this prob :)

nemuro
08-23-2011, 04:29 PM
Yes, I can't afford to have too much of a high poly object. I will have a lot of parts and I need to be extra careful with the poly count.

I will go by creating poly after the nurbs guides.

Thanks guys.

CGTalk Moderation
08-23-2011, 04:29 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.