PDA

View Full Version : need eyes to move with skin

oreanimate
11-18-2010, 07:18 AM
I have a little bit of a problem, I have created a fat blobby monster that has eye balls all over his skin. I added softbodies to the geometry of the monster and now am tryin to figure out a way to attach the eyeballs to the skin so that they follow along with the jiggle of the soft bodies. I have tried to select certain vertices around where some the eyeballs will be placed and made clusters and tried parenting the eyes to these clusters; however the cluster does not follow the skin, ergo neither do the eyes. Wondering if anyone could help me out with this?

thanks

Pietas
11-18-2010, 09:22 AM
Try using this script.
http://www.creativecrash.com/maya/downloads/scripts-plugins/animation/c/rivet-button--2

Source it. Then select on the character on edge above the eye and one underneath it, then write "rivet" in the command line. That should create a locator that is attached to those two edges and you can parent or parentConstraint the eye to it.

BldRnr
11-18-2010, 02:22 PM
You can see how they use blend shapes for this as well .

Autodesk's Realistic Character Rigging dvd show's how to set this up basically using the set driven key method.

Another way is to use an influence object ???

I did see years ago from Gnomon that you could use weighted clusters to do the same thing.

Maybe Alex Averez could answer that?

oreanimate
11-18-2010, 06:58 PM
thank you so much! the script worked perfectly!

CGTalk Moderation
11-18-2010, 06:58 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.