PDA

View Full Version : Slomo water animation - Mesh flickering

dequid
11-18-2010, 01:32 AM
Hi there,

I'm should probably ask this question in a more render-related forum, but i though some of you ran into this problem before too.

I'm doing a music video and have a realflow-sim with water being attracted upwards out of a basin. I've uploaded a preview here:

http://dequid.net/tmp/mov/problem-flicker-water.html

As you can see, in the upper (and more dense) areas of the mesh, some serious flickering occurs. In the lower part, there is less flicker, because of less refraction traces (my theory).
The scene lighting is set up with a VRayDomeLight / HDRI Texture. The HDRI is used for lighting and as a refraction map for the water.
Can anyone give me a hint what i can try to avoid this flickering?
The realflow sim is simulated with 1200 fps and particle count is around 800000.
I tried to decrease poly size and now have a pretty dense mesh, increasing poly count even more will blow my computer i think...
I've come across the clamp color option in VRay, as i've read that overbright colors in HDRI images lead to this kind of flickering. It helped, but it's still there as you can see.
So, any suggestions would help...

Thanks,
Dietmar

CGTalk Moderation
11-18-2010, 01:32 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.