PDA

View Full Version : Floating Rollout Question...

Archangel35757
11-17-2010, 10:17 PM
I'm new to MAXscript and teaching myself from the tutorials and available books... I would like to know (because I haven't found it in the reference yet...) if there is an event handler that knows when a user closes a floating rollout by using the Red X in the top-right corner?

Reason: I have a custom attribute that creates an "open" and "close" button. and the custom attribute has a nested rollout within it which will generate a floating rollout when the "open" button is pressed. I've disabled the "close" button until the user has pressed the "open" button. But if I close the rollout using the Red X... I don't know how to change the CA "close" button status to false. I had thought to try and monitor left mouse clicks and check if the rollout is still displayed-- haven't tried that as of yet.

Thanks.

denisT
11-17-2010, 10:56 PM
I'm new to MAXscript and teaching myself from the tutorials and available books... I would like to know (because I haven't found it in the reference yet...) if there is an event handler that knows when a user closes a floating rollout by using the Red X in the top-right corner?

Reason: I have a custom attribute that creates an "open" and "close" button. and the custom attribute has a nested rollout within it which will generate a floating rollout when the "open" button is pressed. I've disabled the "close" button until the user has pressed the "open" button. But if I close the rollout using the Red X... I don't know how to change the CA "close" button status to false. I had thought to try and monitor left mouse clicks and check if the rollout is still displayed-- haven't tried that as of yet.

Thanks.

every rollout fires close event , use it to set the enabled state of the "close button". See MXS Help -> rollout, clauses

Archangel35757
11-18-2010, 03:45 AM
Thanks Denis, I had tried that earlier but it wasn't working... then I realized that I didn't have it as part of the nested floating rollout's indenture (it was at the primary CA rollout level)... a beginner's mistake... now it works as expected.

CGTalk Moderation
11-18-2010, 03:45 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.