PDA

View Full Version : Max Hair Fur Help

Edgemaster
11-17-2010, 10:52 PM
Hello Everyone!...Well I've been looking in the max script help files for an answer to this problem im running into. What I'm wanting to do is change a property in multiple selected objects at once. I'm a begginer to scripting but I've been trying to learn as I go. I wanna change the hair and fur modifier properties to my selected objects.

For example I can get this to work on individual objects.
$.modifiers[#Hair_and_Fur].MaterialSpecular = 30

But adding more than that to a selection gives this error
-- Unknown property: "modifiers" in $selection

The max help files give an example to use this for certain situations to filter out the properties.
for i in selection where hasProperty i "radius" do i.radius = 10

But Im having trouble finding any examples to go from for the Hair and Fur Modifier. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,
Alex

lutteral
11-18-2010, 05:41 PM
for i in selection where i.modifiers[#Hair_and_Fur]!=undefined do
(
i.modifiers[#Hair_and_Fur].MaterialSpecular = 30
)
-- you can replace selection with an array of nodes

cheers!

M

Edgemaster
11-18-2010, 05:45 PM
Thank you lutteral!...This is exactly what I needed....:)

Alex

3rd Dimentia
11-19-2010, 04:50 AM
Also, no need to re-invent the wheel:
http://www.scriptspot.com/3ds-max/scripts/modifier-modifier-zorb
Will let you modify many different things 'en masse' in max including modifiers,materials,controllers and will let you assign random values across objects' settings. It's the SHIZZ!

Edgemaster
11-19-2010, 06:24 AM
Cool 3rd Dimentia. Thanks for the link!.I'll be sure to use that one too..Yeah I was pretty sure there was something out there already. It just helps me to learn max script better by trying to create them from scratch.

CGTalk Moderation
11-19-2010, 06:24 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.