PDA

View Full Version : my new flash site.

drunkmonk
10-09-2003, 06:52 PM
www.rudytaege.com

its about 30% finished, but please let me know what you guys think so far, layout, compositional, colors, etc,

any suggestions would help out a lot, thnx

eddy-3ddy
10-10-2003, 12:16 AM
could it be, that I saw this before? Maybe you showed me it personally?

drunkmonk
10-10-2003, 02:50 AM
hmm, i dunno, i have posted this site a while back but it got no responses, so thought id give it another go,

eddy-3ddy
10-10-2003, 08:38 AM
hmm oke, I think I saw it! Here's my comment:

the movement gives a real 3d feeling. But it looks too empty. Maybe you can add some custom shapes to make it more interesting too look at.
The gallery images are just little boxes popping up, maybe you ca create a tween with a fade in to have more movement!

Hope it's a bit clear

rodtod
10-10-2003, 06:45 PM
Do you use Plasma, drunkmonk? The 3d movement is a nice touch.

The button on the far left is tweaking out. For some reason, when I move the cursor over the word "resumé", the animation for that symbol loops at a frantic rate.

It might have something to do with your "on_Rollout" command for that particular button.

I really dig the simple look. Flat tones, minimal text on the screen. It's a nice alternative to the more info-heavy Flash sites out there.

Heimdall
10-10-2003, 10:28 PM
Very Cool.

A few Pro Crits:

1) You can tell that your "heads" were drawn at a smaller scale then "blown" up. Evident by your loss of curves. Maybe you could draw them at a larger scale, import them to Flash, and then scale them for the smaller incarnations.

2) In Mac IE 5, your HTML code is viewable in the window (must be a missing closing tag).

-Heimdall

drunkmonk
10-11-2003, 12:41 PM
thnx guys im glad ya dig it

rodtod , i used a plugin for 3d studio max called swift 3d. The heads are actually 3d models that were rendered out with a flat cell shader, then imported into flash. the animation of the heads rotating was done in 3ds max to get the real 3d movement.

rkian
10-12-2003, 07:11 PM
The concept of you webiste is really good. Looking foward to see it complete. I'll save you website.

One thing is that the small size of your webpage doesn't allow you to put words into it. Or maybe you don't even plan to put words into it. So it can only make a good portfolio display site. But I love ur simple and effective use with 3Dswift.

drunkmonk
10-13-2003, 11:01 PM
yeah, i dont plan on putting any text on it, its just mainly a place for potential employers to go to see some of my 3d work and life drawing,

the 3d layout was just a little something extra

Scott Harris
10-14-2003, 07:56 PM
hey i love it so far... wwhen do you plan to finish?

so much better then all that oversaturated roll over stuff we so too too much of the time

good work... i will be watching the development of this site

drunkmonk
10-14-2003, 11:59 PM
i started the site when i was in between quarters at school, now that schools started again, i dotn have much free time, so im working on it whenever i get the chance here and there, prolly over the next 3 months there wont be that much more work on it, but after that i should get most of it done

Scott Harris
10-15-2003, 04:43 PM
good thinking... having a SIMPLE site is the best way to get 3D employers to look at your work.

good design without making the site go nuts is a good idea.

th3ta
12-27-2003, 11:44 PM
ok, i finally got around to updating the site again, and i changed my name from Drunkmonk to theta.waves. enjoi!

CGTalk Moderation
01-16-2006, 07:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.