PDA

View Full Version : PS CS4 Obj texture painting is dark

NITRO1250
11-15-2010, 04:01 PM
Hello everyone. I've been having an issue with photoshop cs4 extended's 3D import options for fixing seems in my textures. I have no problem getting my objects into photoshop, but when it comes to painting on the surface, for some reason, the corrected paintings come out darker than they should. This happens when clone stamping on the surface either on the object or when merging a new layer down (clone stamp on this layer). I did check to make sure that it wasn't a lighting issue within the 3D previewer. Checking the edited texture in another tab confirms my fears: it indeed is very dark, even black in some cases.

I have tried multiple objects, multiple exports with different materials from Maya (blinn/lambert) and even removing all the additional shaders except the diffuse texture, all of which proved to be a failure.

Am I doing something wrong? I've done some digging and apparently I seem to be the only person having this issue.

Thanks for any help!

CGTalk Moderation
11-15-2010, 04:01 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.