PDA

View Full Version : 3D Artists Wanted

interstella
11-15-2010, 08:32 AM
Looking for 3D artists to form an animation think tank. I need self motivated
3D artists to form a discussion group that meets once a month. I need artists
of these disciplines: modelers, riggers, animators, shading artists, texture artists
and compositors.
I would like to keep the team to about 10 people. So each person should have
a solid grasp of all 3D concepts, and be proficient in a least two disciplines (for example
modeling and rigging). These artists should have 3-5 years experience in their particular
disciplines, using the software of their choice. It is not necessary to have any job experience.
It is necessary to have a real passion for 3D graphics and the knowledge that this will be
your life's work. Serious students welcome.
The idea is to have a collaborative in which each artist is treated as an equal and his or her
ideas are shared between the other members. These ideas may be; 3D techniques, screen plays,
story lines, job leads, etc. From the collective talent I would like to produce three five minute
animations, showing the potential of our team as a small 3D animation studio. I would like to
emphasize a fresh new look to our animations, offering an alternative to the standard set by
Pixar. The eventual job goals of our team would be: 3D character and environment creation,
animations for film, video games, documentaries and education.

I live in West Oakland, CA.. I own a loft space that is zoned live/work so it is perfect
as a work space. I would like to hold the meetings there once a month for the first
year to get everything rolling. After that I would like to meet every week, eventually
all of us working full time on exciting projects. If you are looking to make money right
away, this collaborative is not for you. It will have huge potential, however, years
down the road. Please respond only if you are serious, thank you!!

John Grivas
Interstellar Productions
johngriv@gmail.com

AJ
11-15-2010, 08:52 AM
It is necessary to have a real passion for 3D graphics and the knowledge that this will be your life's work.
If you are looking to make money right away, this collaborative is not for you.
Excellent!

CGTalk Moderation
11-15-2010, 08:52 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.