PDA

View Full Version : Joint size/radius changes as I place my joints

cynicalbug
11-15-2010, 03:37 AM
Using maya 2011 and am having a minor annoyance. I'm creating a joint chain and the joint radius of each joint changes depending on the distance from the previous joint in the chain.

ie: I place a hip joint, then place a knee joint. While still holding the mouse button to drag the knee joint into position the hip joint becomes larger or smaller depending how far the knee joint is placed from it.

I've tried changing the joint size globally in Display -> Animation -> Joint Size. Doesn't work.
I can change the joint radius attribute for each joint and that does work. But I'm watching a tutorial for maya 2011 and the instructor doesn't have the problem I'm having even though we both reset the joint tool before beginning the project. So I figured it was a setting I just can't seem to find. I've tried Googling this problem and looking under the help documentation for maya and have come up with zero.

Any help would be great. Thanks much!

Kremers
11-15-2010, 08:49 AM
If you click the option box on Joint Tool you find the settings "Bone Radius Settings" just enter the same value for short bone radius and long bone radius :)

cynicalbug
11-17-2010, 12:29 AM
If you click the option box on Joint Tool you find the settings "Bone Radius Settings" just enter the same value for short bone radius and long bone radius :)

OMG thank you so much. I'd been pulling my hair out for a while.

CGTalk Moderation
11-17-2010, 12:29 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.