PDA

View Full Version : Allnighter ....Help please

sdinozzi
11-15-2010, 01:10 AM
Hello fellow MEL'rs

I'm in the process of writing a Matte painting projection aid script for maya. So far its coming along great EXCEPT for this..

AEinvokeFitRezGate ($projCamIP + ".sizeX") ($projCamIP + ".sizeY");

AEinvokeFitRezGate is a command that is run when a user clicks the "fit to resolution gate" under the image plane node.

Everytime I run my script the first time it gives me a error saying that AEinvokeFitRezGate procedure not found. I think re-run the script and it works like a charm.

I can't find any documentation on this procedure and dont have access to the scripts directory (damn school).

http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e148/djsteved/Untitled-1.jpg

Maybe there's a work around for this? When I load in the image, the image placement sizeX = 1, sizeY = 1. When I click fit to resolution gate, it changes sizeX to 1.417 and sizeY to .847. Any idea on how it calculates this? The renderglobals is set to 800 x 478 as well.

Any help will be awesome!
-steve

r4inm4ker
11-15-2010, 01:40 AM
the AEinvokeFitRezGate came from AEimagePlaneTemplate.mel. So just add "source AEimagePlaneTemplate.mel" before calling that function, and it'll be ok.
For this kind of wrapper function, whatIs command is terribly useful.
`whatIs AEinvokeFitRezGate` will tell you where this command/function comes from,but you'll need to have it sourced first by yourself or by maya (i.e by creating an image plane through hypershade and opening attribute editor , maya will source the AEimagePlaneTemplate.mel )

sdinozzi
11-15-2010, 02:15 AM
DUDE, your rain worked, i'm soaking :D

thanks a million!

CGTalk Moderation
11-15-2010, 02:15 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.