PDA

View Full Version : white material - black render

marcinWPL
11-14-2010, 11:44 AM
Hi there! Strange problem i've got. in my very, very fast prepared scene i put pure white material VrayMtl and nothing else was changed. as You can see this pure white Mtl appeard as black in my test render scene - all walls supposed to be white :/ it's not a problem of flip normals.

i use 3dstudio + vray (GI on, IRmap + LC, Adaptive DMC - Mitchell..., Color mapping - exponential)

thanks in advance,
marcinW

kanooshka
11-14-2010, 06:33 PM
Could you post your material settings?

CHRiTTeR
11-15-2010, 12:24 AM
normally that happens when you're using non-compatible materials, but since yr using a vraymtl (have you double checked to be sure?) it obviously cant be that...

marcinWPL
11-15-2010, 09:06 PM
hey guys! Thanks for being interested. check this out. i've made an experiment. after applying white material on few tiles (a.jpg) and than for all in this single wall (c.jpg). simple vraymtl as you can see - mat.jpg. it's crazy... :/ forgive me poor quality.

CHRiTTeR
11-15-2010, 09:23 PM
what happens if you reset the scene and merge the objects instead of opening them?

marcinWPL
11-16-2010, 06:42 PM
honestly i don't know because when i'm doing this, render time increases drasticly... don't know why. well. i've found resolution. i still don't know where's the problem but cure for my black walls was this: i've attached all boxes (tiles) to backwall (which was pure white in every render - before tiles was creted). that's weird... but it works. thanks for all of You for help. take care!
p.s. i'll post final result to hear Your c&c.

CGTalk Moderation
11-16-2010, 06:42 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.