PDA

View Full Version : environment probe/chrome ball: controlling reflections

SandeepMaithani
11-13-2010, 09:13 AM
Hi folks
how do you control your reflection maps when using environment probe/chrome ball map. I use the bitmap in the main slot (not on the button) but then left with no options to control the bitmap.
I'm using hdr shop to create light probe map for the reflections. It works in some cases but not all and thts why the need to edit ref maps.
I thought of using wraparound lume lens shader to generate maps for reflections but again it works sometimes and sometimes not...how i use it is make a large sphere and map it with the image from inside..place a camera in the center of the sphere..use wraparound as cam lens shader and render at 2:1..
I'd love to know how you people generate your light probes if not shooting them with a camera..Do you use any other method than what i'm using? Is there any other way to use lume wraparound to create reflection maps.

thanks

sandy

CGTalk Moderation
11-13-2010, 09:13 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.