PDA

View Full Version : Maya only saves images as .img

Ekenryd
11-12-2010, 01:09 PM
Something very weird just happened. I donīt remember pressing doing anything that could cause this, but whenever I save a picture from the render view, maya adds .img to the extension. So if I for example choose to save as .png, the file will be named blahblahblah.png.img, and it wont open in photoshop. If I remove the .img extension, it still wont open.

Anyone know how to fix this? Thanks.

osmeldu
11-12-2010, 02:40 PM
go to the render settings tab, there, go to common tab, and look for Frame/Animation ext. There, you should choose the correct option for you scene. If is an animation, normaly, i use name_#.ext.

sorry for my english

Ekenryd
11-12-2010, 03:00 PM
No, that was not it, I havenīt touched that control and itīs set to what I usually have it at when rendering stills, "name.ext (Single Frame)". Thanks for the input, but I still have the problem :(

Also, I noticed when I right-click on the image in the render view, and go to "display", there is no color management option, so I canīt change exposure and such post. Very very weird.

3Dmonkey
11-12-2010, 08:40 PM
:rolleyes:
http://area.autodesk.com/forum/autodesk-maya/autodesk-maya-2011/im-not-able-to-save-image-to-different-format-than-iff-from-render-view/page-last/#When:11:21:47Z

Ekenryd
11-12-2010, 09:04 PM
???

A bug? This is more than a bug, I mean, I canīt open my rendered images, this is breaking the whole software for me. Well, thanks for the info anyhow.

Been using maya for a couple of months now btw, I spend most of my time waiting for menus to open and restarting after crashes, what a great software, it really teaches me the virtues of patience better than any guru could ever do // rant

3Dmonkey
11-13-2010, 02:57 AM
Are you running SP1 / SAP ? This may have been fixed, but I can't confirm right now.

WesHowe
11-13-2010, 03:39 AM
Look in your Documents/maya/2011-x64/presets folder. You probably have a preset defined that has "Use Custom Extension" defined. Note that the presets folder is not in 'prefs' (it is at the same level) thus it remained in place when you deleted your old preferences.

Remove the preset for your scene and reload the scene.

Ekenryd
11-13-2010, 11:19 AM
The presets-folder is empty :( How do I remove presets from a scene? Im new to maya, like I said.

Running hotfix3, will try to download sp1, but was afraid to do that because I heard opening menus is even slower there.

Ekenryd
11-15-2010, 10:15 AM
Well, tried sp1, still there.

It is so weird, there just has to be some way to get this fixed, I canīt color manage any image in the renderview, so every scene I make now I must render through "batch render" if I want to mess with 32-bit options. Extremely annoying.

CGTalk Moderation
11-15-2010, 10:15 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.