PDA

View Full Version : FumeFX LowQuality Simulation

karanjaura
11-12-2010, 09:04 AM
Hi Guys,
I am doing a Fume FX simulation for a fire extinguisher but not happy with the quality of it,I am already running the sim on a high grid and a good quality but still it looks kind of low res.
Please check the attached images.
Could you please give me some tips to make it look better without increasing the sim time drastically.

Thanks
Karan

XRM
11-12-2010, 04:33 PM
Hi Karan, well it can be many things. Please provide us details about your scene unit, grid scale, spacing and the effect you are after... :)

Cheers!!! :)

karanjaura
11-15-2010, 05:35 AM
Hi Karan, well it can be many things. Please provide us details about your scene unit, grid scale, spacing and the effect you are after... :)

Cheers!!! :)

Hi XRM,
well i am working on the default scene unit,n the grid size is 200,150,60 with a spacing of .5,
I want to make a fire extinguisher FX.

cheers
Karan

XRM
11-16-2010, 08:03 AM
Well the trick is, add high turbulence of small scale. bit of dissipation, better use particle source. Get the space of the burst using particles. Made the particles die quickly and they should have high velocity. Turn off fuel. You don't need it here. :)

Cheers!!! :buttrock:

CGTalk Moderation
11-16-2010, 08:03 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.