PDA

View Full Version : Sun direction

skdzines
11-11-2010, 08:41 PM
I loaded an atmosphere via the Maya plugin and after doing so, adjusted the sun direction to a more suitable angle. Now every time I load the scene, the sun direction always goes back to the default that the Vue atmosphere had it set to originally. Is there any way to prevent this? I broke the rotation connections but that didn't seem to work. I also created another maya directional light at the same angle and then set an orient constraint on the Vue Sun, but that doesn't work either.

Thanks!

geekatplay
11-12-2010, 11:41 PM
Sun position saved in original Vue file, when you adjusted in Maya, you propobly do not save Vue scene file. Remember Vue objects, including Sun, are hosted objects inside Maya.
Try change position inside Vue and reopen inside Maya, see if this will effect sun position.
Next try to modify sun position in Maya, and check if sun position changed in Vue, for that you need to have Vue standalone runing and have same scene file open in both.

skdzines
11-27-2010, 05:27 AM
I don't get it! I have tried re-saving the .vue file with the rotation of the sun changed. Tried saving out a completely separate .vue file, saved the entire maya scene out without the vue scene in it so I could start fresh. Opened the maya file without out the Vue atmosphere, loaded a new atmosphere into my scene, changed the sun direction to the correct angle, then saved out the maya scene. I then get prompted to save the associated .vue scene. Save it out as test.vue and the sun direction keeps changing back to how it was originally loaded by Vue. I'm at a loss.

I also tried your suggestion of opening up the scene in standalone vue, which it always prompts me and asks "Would you like to overwrite the Vue scene referenced in the native scene?" No matter what I choose to do, overwrite an existing one or save it out as a new one, the sun direction changes once again to the original. Do I need to open it up in standalone, adjust the sun direction, save, and then reload back in maya via the plugin menu? If so, how do I set the rotation manually inside of Vue to match my settings in maya? They are currently set at 54.851(x), -22.152(y), and 148.492(z). However, everytime I do anything I have previously mentioned, it always resets back to 57.415(x), -19.476(y), and 152.452(z).

Please help!

Thanks!

skdzines
12-01-2010, 03:47 AM
Can somebody please help!

CGTalk Moderation
12-01-2010, 03:47 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.