PDA

View Full Version : Help: blood cells travelling down a vein

reaver
10-09-2003, 02:10 AM
Hi,

I need help with an animation I'm doing, with blood cells travelling down a vein.
Particle systems don't sem to work as there is no collison dynamics btween the particles and with the large amount of geometry rigid/soft body dynamics keeps chrashing.

Any ideas on alternatives would be appreciated.

Cheers.
Nick.

trthing
10-09-2003, 03:31 AM
I think you can accomplish that with Effect>Create Curve Flow and Particle instancing.

It worked for me once and you can still make your particles collide with other objects while finding their way through the "veins".

reaver
10-09-2003, 03:57 AM
Thanks,

But will the particles perform dynamically when they colide. I found the particles passed through each other. And when they collided with the veins they just bounced off, no spinning or collision dynamics.

As this animation is being shown in the cinema it needs to look very cool or the mistakes will show up big time.

Also I found with instanced particles I can't seem to give each particle random spinning movement. they all just spun the same way as the original which defeats the object.

Does anyone one know of any mel scripts floating around that can do this, they used one on the body story to do this and I could sure do with it.

Cheers.
Nick

stallion151
10-09-2003, 04:02 AM
try putting a radial field on the particle with small value so that they repel each other. Check this site for the idea.

Jozvex (http://www.jozvex.com/tutorials/interparticle.html)

CGTalk Moderation
01-16-2006, 07:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.