PDA

View Full Version : Vue Renderer distorting objects- Please help

finnianm
11-10-2010, 08:03 PM
Hello, I am relatively new to vue but ive been working with 3D for a long time.
I was wondering if anyone could help me with this problem:
http://img89.imageshack.us/img89/9779/99392639.jpg
You see, the red areas are where problems in the renderer occur. Mostly they are distortions, but on the cities and ships, the texture doesnt even show. I have a grungy texture mat over those, and its not showing in the renderer. If anyone knows a solution to this problem, please help!
The textures show up in the preview render, but the distortions do too.

I was using Final Render, btw.

DSW
11-12-2010, 05:56 AM
Well, I have no concrete ideas. I would just start with checking out things like single point polygons, polygons doubled, flipped polygons and non-planar polygons. I'm coming from a Lightwave point of view so I don't know if Vue behaves similarly in these regards.

geekatplay
11-12-2010, 09:47 PM
Only vue 9 support quads, if you importing models into vue, you may expirance some problems with polygon conversion. That may effect uv mapping. also materials mapping and conversion.
Be sure mapping set to Object parametric, if you using UV mapping, also no additional wierd stuff added, transperency, additional layers in materias ...etc.
Check materials editor for that. Also check that uv map was loaded for that object, may be path wasnt saved correctly. in that case load uv map in material editor.
My assumption that you rendering inside Vue (final setting) and object are imported from other applications.

CGTalk Moderation
11-12-2010, 09:47 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.