PDA

View Full Version : Closing maya from cmd line after export

AdamMax
11-10-2010, 12:08 AM
Hi guys,

I've written a python script that iterates through a series of folders and exports all the files found within. The script launches Maya from the command line as below

maya -file "c:\tmp\sourcefile.mb" -command 'file -force -options "" -type "customExportType" -pr -ea "c:/export/exportfile.extension"' -prompt

I can't figure out how to close each Maya command line session after export.
I added quit -force to the end of the above command but that just closed Maya before it had a chance to export.
Is there a way I could get confirmation from Maya that it has exported then force the close?

p.s. I'm very inexperienced with MEL

Thanks in advance,
Adam

haggi
11-10-2010, 11:31 AM
If you dont need the UI, you can do it with mayabatch which will be closed automatically after execution is done.
Or you write a temporaray mel script with a quit; at the end and you exectute this script instead of your -command 'file ....'

berniebernie
11-10-2010, 01:01 PM
just add after your maya line in the cmdline

taskkill /f /im maya.exe

assuming you're on windows with a cmd batch

gashworm
11-11-2010, 02:16 AM
If you don't need the functionality of the UI or the viewport you can run maya through standalone inside the python script. long as maya is in the sys.path it should be able to load maya and execute your script. This is similar to the batch mode
Otherwise you could use
cmds.quit()
cmds.quit(force=True)
example from the docs

import maya.standalone
import maya.OpenMaya as OpenMaya
import sys

def main( argv = None ):
try:
maya.standalone.initialize( name='python' )
except:
sys.stderr.write( "Failed in initialize standalone application" )
raise
sys.stderr.write( "Hello world! (script output)\n" )
OpenMaya.MGlobal().executeCommand( "print \"Hello world! (command script output)\\n\"" )

if __name__ == "__main__":
main()

AdamMax
11-11-2010, 03:10 AM
Many thanks for all the help.
Making good headway now.

CGTalk Moderation
11-11-2010, 03:10 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.