PDA

View Full Version : do you need to apply the hair to blend shapes aswell? HELP

scazmaniac
11-09-2010, 05:01 PM
hey guys im currently using maya 2011 on windows 7.

just a quick and easy question for you guys. Im currently working on a model and as of this moment i havent added any hair to the mesh but would like the option to later on. i have created my blend shapes and will be animating shortly.

ok so i have my model, ive added the blend shapes. do i need to apply the hair to all the blend shapes as well as the main character? the last thing i want is for the hair to tear away from the rest of the mesh, im not sayign this will but ive had similiar issues in the past where things like to tear away from one another because of some reason or another.

ideally id like to get the animation out of the way and concerntrate on the little details later. i just need confirmation that it wont be a problem to add hair later on.

im not familiar with fur and hair, its a grey area. any info you can give me would be brill. cheers guys

Pietas
11-09-2010, 05:27 PM
Should work fine. If you have a haircap that the hair is connected too you might have to do a blendshape for that one if there is for example extreem eyebrow movement. apart from that, you should be fine

CGTalk Moderation
11-09-2010, 05:27 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.