PDA

View Full Version : where and when to convert...

3DRenderer
11-09-2010, 04:51 PM
Not really sure where this thread should be posted, but I know there are many knowledgeable people here.
So, anyway, I rendered out my animation with the intent to put it on DVD. Which is 29.97 and Maya doesn't support that fps, therefore its rendered out in 30 fps. I then composite it in composite/toxik, then bring it in after effects, then media encoded to write to dvd.

My question is when do I convert the frame rate? While I'm in toxik, or after I render out of toxik and bring it in AE? Or when I'm about to render out from AE?

cgbeige
11-09-2010, 05:27 PM
you should always avoid doing frame rate pulldowns by just rendering to images. The difference between 30FPS and 29.97 is imperceptible, so set the project to 30FPS, render to images and import the frames into AE and set it to interpret frames at 29.97 and export at that frame rate.

3DRenderer
11-09-2010, 05:42 PM
Thanks. I originally was going to do it that way too. But the more I thought about it, the more uncertain I became and decided to get another opinion.

Thanks again.

CGTalk Moderation
11-09-2010, 05:42 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.