PDA

View Full Version : Exporting vue camera to maya

Losingthesum
11-08-2010, 05:32 PM
Anyone have any idea?

I know vue and maya integration can be a nightmare, so what I am trying to do is animate a camera move of a scene in vue, export the camera (and a 360 panorama of the atmosphere for indirect lighting) into maya and using that camera data animate my scene (mostly using realflow meshes- I can't bring that into vue) and composite everything together in nuke with the vue environment as the background.

It would probably be easier to import my maya camera to vue but my maya elements are wholly dependant on my vue environment...its a weird workflow but its the best I can do for now

Raptar
11-21-2010, 07:55 PM
Hi I'm quite new to Vue but as far as I can tell after testing it you can just do the following:

Save Vue scene with only the camera in it
In Maya Plugin Manager (Window/SettingsPreferences/Plugin Manager) tick Loaded for Vue Plugin
Using Vue Plugin Menu at the top select File-Open and find your scene

This should import the Vue camera into the scene and it can be found in the VueScene section of your Maya Outliner.

As far as I can tell this works for me, shout if you have a problem or indeed if it works! :D

CGTalk Moderation
11-21-2010, 07:55 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.