PDA

View Full Version : Vue atmosphere inside object

urbg
11-07-2010, 10:57 AM
Hi guys,

I'm relatively new to Vue, I'm finding it both pretty exciting, and pretty temperamental(to say the least). It has stumped me though, I cannot seem to find a way of creating the effect I'm looking for. I want to create a vue atmosphere, inside and object, kind of like a snow globe effect?..
So I would model the shape I need in 3D app of choice, pull the object into vue, but from there how do you contain the atmosphere inside that shape?

If anyone can point me in the right direction I would be extremely grateful.

Many thanks

UG

ChristianZ
11-08-2010, 05:27 PM
Hi,

I think the best results would be with a image rendered in Vue used as a bitmap inside the snow globe. In this way, even a movie could be used as texture.
Personally, I would model and render the snowball in another 3D-program and use just the image from Vue.
In principle, you can put clouds (meta cloud) inside any object in vue, but entire atmospheres, I dont think that is possible.

Wabe
11-09-2010, 07:43 AM
Well, what IS an atmosphere for you? I would say mainly light and clouds - and maybe fog/haze. All things you can do in a defined space as well.

How?
Light? With light sources.
Haze/fog? Switch the light sources to volumetric and edit the volumetric settings then and switch the "show fog or dust in light beam" on there.
Clouds? Use MetaClouds and position them where you need them.

And now, show us the results.

CGTalk Moderation
11-09-2010, 07:43 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.