PDA

View Full Version : Masking a Lens Flare?

aiming
11-07-2010, 08:39 AM
Hey Guys,

first of all, this is my first post in this part of the forum, so a big "HI" to everyone hanging out here. :)

Now for the question. I'm building an animation of the earth spinning. Then, after a while, the sun rises, generating a lens Flare. Problem: I don't really know how to pipe an Alpha in the Masking Slot of the Flere Node, because the Flare Node don't got a connection arrow for Alpha. How should i do this? -.-'

I know it's a newbie question, but i didn't find anything on the web or the manual about it.

greetz
Ben

aiming
11-07-2010, 07:25 PM
Hey,

I found out how it works! :)
It's possible to pipe the Picture with the alpha channel you need in a shuffleCopy Node and use the second output (the bottom matrix, that is usually greyed out) to pipe the alpha in the Flare nodes. There is a little drop down menue to the right of the lower matrix, just switch it to alpha and select the channel you want to use in the Matrix. Then, inside the Flare node, you select rgba.alpha, then it should work.

greetz
Ben

CGTalk Moderation
11-07-2010, 07:25 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.