PDA

View Full Version : updating dropdownlist before running event

FunkyBunnies
11-05-2010, 11:11 PM
Heyo all,

I was working on a script that has a variable number of entries in a dropdownlist control where I have it run a few functions as soon as the user selects an item from the dropdownlist.

The problem is that these functions update controls that can be hidden by that long dropdownlist after a selection is made and the control doesn't update its expanded list until after the event fully runs :(

does anyone have an idea how to get the dropdownlist to minimize before running the functions I call in my event? or another elegant solution to this problem?

lemme know if I'm not being clear :)

lo
11-06-2010, 12:14 PM
I'm not sure I fully understand your problem, but the first two things I would try are:
1) as the first line of your event, try to reduce the dropdownlist .height property to 0, and afterwards return it to normal height.

2) use a dotnet combobox cotnrol for a dropdownlist and set its .droppedDown property to false before running the rest of the event.

FunkyBunnies
11-09-2010, 06:19 PM
ah you're a champ lo!

I did your first suggestion and that seems to do the trick :)
thanks!

CGTalk Moderation
11-09-2010, 06:19 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.