PDA

View Full Version : Rigging with MAX questions

rhwang82
11-05-2010, 10:59 PM
Hi everyone,
I just started rigging and skinning at the company I'm working at and was wondering if there are any good books/websites I can go to, to learn a lot about rigging in MAX. Most of the stuff I've found is either the generic human rig or very old stuff.

In particular I'd like to learn about control/dummy objects. Not exactly sure if thats the right industry term though.

If you take the image for example. This is a bone structure I found. Fairly simple bone structure. But there is one dummy where if you move up and down squish and squashes the whole mesh.
There are also 4 separate dummies where if you try and move vertically the dummies do not move in position but rotate. While rotating the bones open outwards, controlling the opening and closing of the egg.

I would greatly appreciate it if anyone can tell me how this works or point me in the right direction.

Thanks,
Ron

azozel
11-05-2010, 11:56 PM
The rigging tutorials that come with max are good. Start there.

CGTalk Moderation
11-05-2010, 11:56 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.