PDA

View Full Version : nuke or nuke X

Orbital101
11-05-2010, 12:11 PM
I am new to compositing and I have to learn Nuke in my next school session but at this time I need to learn it for my actual demo reel. I was wondering what was the difference between nuke and nuke X. Wich is better and what are the difference?

thank you in advance.

wellHARD
11-06-2010, 01:00 PM
Hey there...

The only real difference apart from the price $$$, is that nuke X comes with a built in 3d tracker and the standard nuke does not.
It doesnt really matter which version you choose as 3d tracking is a discipline unto its self, and is something that you generally learn as a separate discipline to compositing although they are strongly linked.

If your just starting out with compositing in nuke then you probably not going to touch on 3d tracking so Nuke is your friend.
If you want to learn about 3d tracking there are better 3d tracking programs out there than the one in Nuke X and I would start with those (syntheyes or boujou) rather

hop it helps

pingking
11-07-2010, 09:54 AM
nuke x has a lot more than just the 3d tracker, just take a look at the website from the foundry and you will find out whats the difference

wellHARD
11-08-2010, 04:57 PM
my apologies :blush:

from the foundry's site -

"NUKEX has all the essential features of NUKE extended with an integrated 3D camera tracker, depth generator, tools for automatic lens distortion correction and FURNACECORE, the nucleus of The Foundry's Academy Awardİ-winning FURNACE technology."

lesson learnt.....

beaker
11-09-2010, 04:23 AM
Also Nuke 6.2 has an additional features which are NukeX only. Image Modeler, Projection Solver, Dense Point Cloud and Prman support,

wearethenight
11-18-2010, 08:03 AM
I've used Nuke for a while. NukeX has got the useful features for compositing. There are two of them which I using. They are Keylight and Kronos from Furnace. You could read about these things here:
http://www.thefoundry.co.uk/products/keylight/
http://www.thefoundry.co.uk/products/kronos/

CGTalk Moderation
11-18-2010, 08:03 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.