PDA

View Full Version : Environment: '3 is the magic number'

UnlikelyCorny
10-08-2003, 10:03 AM
As this is a bit of a puzzle type of image I don't want to say too much rightaway. I've been lurking arround here for a while now and thought that this was a nice reason for a more personal post.

Love to hear what you think.

http://www.unlikely.nl/cgImages/luyiCgTalk.jpg

Soft: Maya (and a little bit of Freehand).

Rivendale
10-08-2003, 03:36 PM
Hey, I like it, not sure I "get" the puzzle though. Seem like it's always three o'clock there.:p I see a huge flaw though...the clock only has TWO pointer hands, shouldn't there be one showing seconds too...have I won somehting?;)

What does it say in the big text in english?

Nice work!

UnlikelyCorny
10-08-2003, 08:41 PM
Originally posted by Rivendale
I see a huge flaw though...the clock only has TWO pointer hands, shouldn't there be one showing seconds too...have I won somehting?;)

What does it say in the big text in english?

Nice work!

Aaaiii, you're so right, completely missed that. You've won....my instant respect for your perceptiveness.
But if you're really clever it won't be hard to determine what the big text stands for. (Like contracts; read the small print....)

vonbon
10-08-2003, 09:13 PM
is it your childís name (the text at the top left)
being the 3rd addition to your family

whats up man, you gone tell us what this means

some associate the number three with God
Could family be our only true happiness (COMPLETE)

I ainít gone get deep, they might kick me out

CnexS
10-08-2003, 09:33 PM
there's only ONE leaf to your three "sunflowers" or what you call them.. thouse yellowish things :)

UnlikelyCorny
10-08-2003, 09:41 PM
Originally posted by vonbon
is it your childís name (the text at the top left)
being the 3rd addition to your family

You could not be more right. It's the birthcard for my daughter, born on the third of this month (and that was not something we had anything to do with). This obviously being a very personal image should not stop anyone from descent critcs and comments.

UnlikelyCorny
10-09-2003, 10:12 AM
Originally posted by CnexS
there's only ONE leaf to your three "sunflowers" or what you call them.. thouse yellowish things :)

Yep you're right about that, but unlike the arms of the clock I realised this one. It just did not look good with a leaf per flower or with three leaves per flower. It got a bit to busy so I thought the rules of three could be bend slightly for esthetic reasons. Stil if you would count the little yellow flower leaves you may find its three to the third to the third in number (only joking).

ptay
01-26-2004, 04:30 PM
hello nice too see someone from holland her. i like your picture. it takes som time too look at it before I get it but dat is nice. it's very much from holland i think

UnlikelyCorny
01-27-2004, 08:57 PM
Oh hello thanks Ptay,

Very Dutch hey, I guess you were raised in a middleclass household in the seventies as well than. In the middle(class) of sweet fashionable furniture mistakes...

EF
01-27-2004, 10:18 PM
Originally posted by UnlikelyCorny
Oh hello thanks Ptay,

Very Dutch hey, I guess you were raised in a middleclass household in the seventies as well than. In the middle(class) of sweet fashionable furniture mistakes...

oh oh den haag...mooie stad, achter de duinen...etc etc
hahaa
Hi there...From the hague too I see!

But hey...not every clock has a pointer for seconds...

I think it looks kinda cool, only the bump on the chairs and table is a bit hard!

MadBarinwave
01-28-2004, 02:41 AM
hehe, just noticed the baby chair out of the three. very nice picture though.

CGTalk Moderation
01-16-2006, 07:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.