PDA

View Full Version : how to disable vue environment in max?

fael097
11-04-2010, 04:50 PM
hi, i was checking ozone website, and i read this:

Ozone 4.0 lets you easily disable the rendering of the Vue sky and/or atmospheric effects (e.g. when using mr Sun&Sky). You can even disable the rendering of Ozone content altogether, for instance if you want to perform tests on the host-application-part of the scene. If the entire Ozone content is disabled from render, the Ozone 4.0 plug-in won't be loaded in the first place.

and thats exactly what i wanted to do with vue xstream inside max, i wanted to leave clouds/terrain, but disable vue atmosphere, and render it with my own mr sun&sky.

is that possible?
thanks

Linden-Stirk
11-04-2010, 09:19 PM
Try this:

1. Go to the Vue xStream menu
2. File > Options
3. Click on the Render Options tab
4. Under "Render Vue Scene", Un-check "Render Atmosphere"

It's kind of a silly place to put it. You'd think it would be in the render settings.

Hope that helped. :)

fael097
11-04-2010, 09:59 PM
didnt work, i still have my vue sky and sun.

i want to use mr sky and sun, only vue clouds :(

Linden-Stirk
11-05-2010, 12:58 AM
Okay, I confess I've never actually done this before. I've only ever needed to render without the clouds and I thought that un-checking atmosphere might work. So forget what I said about un-checking the "Render Vue Atmosphere". Instead, go to the Vue 8.5 xStream menu, File > Options. Under "Light Options", uncheck "Match Vue Sun with existing native Sun object". This worked for me, but I had to delete the Vue sun manually, and place in a Daylight system. There will be a lot of adjusting though, and this is probably not a proper workflow. :banghead:

So, I googled the issue and I found this written tutorial that takes you through the whole process. I hope this is what you're after:
http://www.imakeu.com/Tutorials/Vue/

Sorry for confusing you. :argh:

CGTalk Moderation
11-05-2010, 12:58 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.