PDA

View Full Version : Nick Ray - character animation reel

nickray84
11-03-2010, 04:34 PM
Hello all, posting my current reel for crits / critiques. Currently on the job hunt and would love to hear what everyone thinks about my reel. It can be see at: www.nickray3d.com or via vimeo at:
http://www.vimeo.com/16288698

Thanks for checking it out

Nick
www.nickray3d.com

DagMX
11-03-2010, 09:31 PM
A lot of cool ideas in there. I'd work a bit on your animation though. Things that really stood out (in shot order):

1&2(different cameras) : Theres a lack of feeling of weight in the hits and you kind of have a weird pop on the settle in the second camera. But neat idea, I would just slow it down for more weight, or have better contacts. The final kick especially, it seems like RED moves as soon as he is kicked, instead of absorbing the impact and then moving.

3(punching monster): Your poses in this one are weak which doesnt help sell the action. Still a good idea though.

4(running with gun), Not bad, just incredibly off balance. No way you cans tand that far forward, especially with a gun in your hand, let alone run.

And the same goes for the rest of the shots, the poses are weak and the actions are too fast to sell weight.
I'd redo them a bit before applying, but like I said, some really cool ideas in there

CGTalk Moderation
11-03-2010, 09:31 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.