PDA

View Full Version : slim - rsm 3

patrickrowan
11-02-2010, 08:21 PM
hey is anyone using the all purpose shader yet?

im having trouble finding out where i can add extra aov nodes (i.e motion vec,ref ao) into the shader. i could do it in the delux by addin an slbox. cant find that same workflow here.

is there a way to add an ao layer in the all purpose? similar to the layered shader.

also when i add an image node to the diffuse the uv mapping looks wrong is there another node i need to add as well as the image file one?

cheers

patrickrowan
11-03-2010, 01:10 PM
also when i add an image node to the diffuse the uv mapping looks wrong is there another node i need to add as well as the image file one?

found this which helped.

"my experience with RAT its that when you have a nurbs model with UV and you make a render with RenderMan your textures will be flip, you only need to activate an option to the model where you tell RenderMan that this model has the Maya UVs and thats all you have to do. In a way UV and ST are the same."

as for the other questions if u just make an slbox node and add all the aovs and ao into it.then connect that to the occlusion under global settings. works a treat.

CGTalk Moderation
11-03-2010, 01:10 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.