PDA

View Full Version : My first rigging reel

nonlosao
11-02-2010, 07:38 PM
Hi everyone!
Last year I attended a Master in CG at BigRock Training Center, in Italy.
After several tutorials and a pair of little works, i finally completed my showreel and now I'm looking for some feedback from someone better than me. What do you think?
http://vimeo.com/15498070

Thanks
Enrico

Kanga
11-03-2010, 03:23 AM
I loved it, the music was great! Would be neat to get one of the characters to dance to that crazy beat on the reel itself. I have seen rigging reels that shows that as a clincher. One thing I liked was that everything was clear even at that image size and the vid streamed straight away, no muss, no fuss.

Nice work, hope an animator can give you some tips as to what they are looking for specifically.

Cheers

nonlosao
11-03-2010, 06:42 PM
Thanks Chris.
The song is Wedding by Goran Bregovic (Underground OST), great album.
I tried to keep everything as clear as possible.
I hope that also the technical part could be interesting, because is the reason i made this reel for...
Is there anything i can add or change? I'm looking for something new that can astonish, something to work on.
Any idea?

Kanga
11-04-2010, 04:36 AM
You should post the reel in the finished animation section to get advice from animators I think. There are some pretty hot rigging reels out there (even google) they would be a great guide. If I was an animator though I might think your rigs are a bit on the light side, I have seen more spectacular ones. I might also want to see one in action so like I said having a model dance at the end to that great music would slide in nicely. As to new or spectacular stuff you will have to ask the real animators.

What you have is clear and well produced though.

JaredTaylor
11-04-2010, 06:32 AM
I loved your reel, will be doing my own rigging reel soon too :)

@Kanga, problem with showing animation in a rig is that you need an animator to animate it for you, if you can't animate yourself. Personally I hate animating now that I've learned to do it properly. There is nothing worse than badly animated rigging reels where the TD obviously doesn't know how to animate.

nonlosao
11-04-2010, 11:24 PM
ok, he can dance balkan music, but what about breakdance?
no, i can't animate him, i can just move him to see the different controls and the deformations.
as you say i'm gonna post it in the finished work section, and in the meanwhile i'll try to develope new rigging systems and ideas.

@virtualistic: hope to see your showreel soon.

mccollom73
12-13-2010, 05:23 AM
Could you explain your theory, or a tutorial for your car gripping the ground. I really liked that! Great reel btw.

Josh

CGTalk Moderation
12-13-2010, 05:23 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.