PDA

View Full Version : deformation in eye lid clusters when moved. HELP

scazmaniac
11-02-2010, 12:38 PM
hey guys im currently using maya 2011 on windows 7

I have created clusters for the eye lids of my character. I have weighted them so that the eye lids are proportionate when they open and close. I have set driven keys for the eye lids. I have parented the cluster to the highest point of the rig which would be the skull joint.

Problem is when i move the character from its default set position and then use my set driven keys to move the eye lids they begin to pull back to its original position. so you get this nasty deformed stretched eye lid. any idea what im missing here?

dunkelzahn
11-02-2010, 02:07 PM
Not sure about it (havenīt done work in maya for some time), but this error happens in 3DS Max when you stack your morpher above your skinning. What happens is that your rig drives your skin and then your deformation gets applied by morphing, moving your deformed vertices to the place in your scene where they should be.

Why is that so? Because your vertice movement info gets applied AFTER your rig moves your mesh

How would you fix it? By making your deformations happen BEFORE your rig moves your mesh ;), so the rig moves the deformed character mesh

Not sure how to do it in Maya, but if I remember correctly you can change the order of your operations, I guess this would fix it.

Have fun

Chris

CGTalk Moderation
11-02-2010, 02:07 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.