PDA

View Full Version : Mayabatch won't render

danylyon
10-07-2003, 10:22 PM
I've got an animation ready for rendering (nothing fancy, all polys, raytracing, motion blur). I want to render it with MRay. It works fine inside Maya. But if I start to Batch render, there seems to be no progress or the images all turn out black. If I render in prompt, it gives me an error:

Error: Cannot find procedure "checkAspectLockWidth"

right at the beginning.
Anybody got an Idea how to go around this?

danylyon
10-08-2003, 11:11 PM
Uhmm.. ok.. this is getting REALLY weird.

I opened up maya exported all objects & the camera seperatly. Imported them into a new scene. Left all the render settings at default (except switching to MRay).. dang, doesn't work.

ok, deleted all objects, deleted the camera, deleted al materials, switched to the persp camera.. dang, STILL doesn't work.

made a new scene, switched to MRay, put a test cylinder in there.. doesn't work.

I guess my maya is screwed, I'm triing to reinstall now. :annoyed:

stallion151
10-09-2003, 03:46 AM
sorry man, difficult question don't think many ppl have come across that. Guess re-installing is the only option. But it better work then...or else! :hmm:

danylyon
10-09-2003, 10:59 PM
Indeed.. reinstalling fixed it. It resetted all default settings, so I thought maybe that was the problem.

But actually, when I updated to 5.01 again, the error reapeared! So it's a bug in the latest Maya Patch 5.01 !!? :shame:

I'm going to report this bug now. I'm wondering why nobody els seems to have this problem?!

beaker
10-13-2003, 02:56 AM
try moving your preferences out of your home directory and let maya recreate them. Sometimes prefs get corrupt and need to be recreated.

gmask
10-13-2003, 02:59 AM
Originally posted by beaker
try moving your preferences out of your home directory and let maya recreate them. Sometimes prefs get corrupt and need to be recreated.

I second that emotion

CGTalk Moderation
01-16-2006, 08:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.