PDA

View Full Version : Grid spacing in standalone

4SweetB
11-01-2010, 02:02 AM
Hi,

I can't seem to find any option anywhere in the Vue 8.5 standalone to set the spacing (or size, for that matter) of the grid shown in the viewports. No mention in the manual, either. It's such a basic thing....trivial in every other 3D package I've ever used....please don't tell me they didn't think of this!

Cheers,
Kevin

Linden-Stirk
11-04-2010, 09:31 PM
I don't think it's possible. Yeah, I agree, they should have it as option, although I have never needed to alter the grid.

RLM
11-05-2010, 11:23 AM
If you can't find anyway to do this, here are some other options.

Create a grid layout as required in your image editor

1. Apply this as a background image to your camera

OR

2. Create an Alpha Plane and load your grid image (making sure its been created using black and white values). Then track the alpha plane with the camera you are using and move it into position as required.

None of these options are perfect and you shouldn't have to do this of course. However, it's better than nothing right! Vue 9 is meant to have a new interface so maybe they will add some new options at last ,as the general interface does NOT provide many customise functions when compared with many other programs. More control over interface layout would be great too!

Hope that helps,

Jay

RLM
11-05-2010, 11:53 AM
UPDATE: Vue 9 has just been released and the grid function seems to be one of the new features of the refined interface. What are the chances!

4SweetB
11-06-2010, 06:11 AM
UPDATE: Vue 9 has just been released and the grid function seems to be one of the new features of the refined interface. What are the chances!
Nice!

Thanks all for the replies.

CGTalk Moderation
11-06-2010, 06:11 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.