PDA

View Full Version : Simulating a Dandelion Clock in Maya

luemas
10-31-2010, 04:23 PM
Hey everyone,

I’m trying some test sequences for a university project and am running into problems trying to recreate a Dandelion clock dynamic simulation in maya, atm focussing on the seeds being blown off by wind.
My original idea was to create the seed head as a passive rigid body then attach each seed to it as a active rigid body connected by elastic particles that would snap whenever the seed was under enough force. After setting up some basic geometry with fields i got a basic animation where all the seeds just blew off however i was wanting to use the elastics to give the effect that some seeds hold onto the seedhead for longer, rather then all seeds just blowing off instantly. Once giving up in maya and taking it into RealFlow it became apparent this wouldn’t work.
If anyone knows any other method to get around this problem that would be awesome :D. i had the idea that maybe i could use some kind of fiction between the seeds and seed head to keep some on longer then others.

cheers :D sam

CGTalk Moderation
10-31-2010, 04:23 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.