PDA

View Full Version : modify the AE of the maya spotlight (with out change the ae.mel)

ndeboar
10-29-2010, 09:50 PM
Hey,

I want to:

- Make a maya spot light
- Delete the color/intensity attributes
- Make a new color(gamma corrected)/exposure attributes.

Dont worry about the gamma corrected bit, i just really need to know how to delete/add things to the attribute editor, and have them appear in specific parts of the layout (eg not just under extra attributes).

Ive seen it done, but no idea where to start.

Cheers,

Nick

NaughtyNathan
10-30-2010, 12:22 PM
you cannot delete such integral attributes, these are attributes that are a fundamental part of that node type. The best you could do is to hide them from the channel box.
How the Attribute Editor displays node attributes is all down to the AE templates. These are MEL scripts that determine what attributes of each node type are visible, and how they are layed out. you cannot change this behaviour without editing Maya's internal AE scripts (or a copy of), which I wouldn't recommend, as it will permanently affect every spot-light you make (unless this is what you want?)

You cannot even override this behaviour with scripts either (afaik) as the Attr Ed refreshes and updates itself in very strange and complex ways. (for example you cannot create new UI and parent it to the AE layouts becasue next time you refresh or update the AE your changes are lost, overwritten or mangle the AE itself).

:nathaN

CGTalk Moderation
10-30-2010, 12:22 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.