PDA

View Full Version : Titan's Defeat, Raul-reznek (3D)

Raul-Reznek
10-07-2003, 04:36 PM
http://www.cgnetworks.com/galleryimages/1200/Final_medium.jpg (http://www.cgnetworks.com/galleryimages/1200/Final.jpg)

Hello everyone.
this is my latest piece.Losta lot of time on this project

tools: 3dsmax, e-light, photoshop.

I'd make a scene and give him a diffuse if i had the time anymore or if i had a good idea.I'm open to scene ideas.

Raul-Reznek
10-07-2003, 04:37 PM
you'll find this image on 6-th page as well. Thx for uploading Ian :D

http://ian.gravityfree.com/Final2.jpg

toce
10-07-2003, 04:42 PM
Freaking cool modeling!

Sqwall
10-07-2003, 04:42 PM
Very nice. The titan looks awsome. I dislike the shadow on the floor but the other stuuf is great. :beer:

OlafK
10-07-2003, 04:51 PM
here maybe some things you can improve :

- i didn't really noticed the arrows at first, so maybe you could make them more clear (i don't know how to, maybe it's just my eyes are ****ed up.....uhm lets not talk about that....)
- between his breasts it looks a bit weird.. i think the gap is too deep (dark)
- on his breasts is some weird stuff next to the arrow, i can't figure out what it is supposed to be so maybe you could explain it, or adjust it

anyway, it's great work so far...makes me feel like i'm in a museum watching a statue :P

misu
10-07-2003, 04:54 PM
good job raul ! :beer:

Max4ever
10-07-2003, 04:59 PM
hey man, super modeling! :beer:
indeed the shadow on the ground seems too ruff, in rest super cool ;)

Sqwall
10-07-2003, 05:01 PM
Originally posted by OlafK
here maybe some things you can improve :

...i didn't really noticed the arrows at first, so maybe you could make them more clear...

Same to me I noticed the arrows at the wireframe...
;)

neversong
10-07-2003, 05:08 PM
beautiful.

Jedi_Sav
10-07-2003, 05:14 PM
Good God!

It looks like a bronze Statue.

great job.

Raul-Reznek
10-07-2003, 05:16 PM
thx everyone!

i'll post a better pic soon
there's sommin wrong with my max

the shadows are Area Shadows and i still get them crappy.

about the arrows i'll define them better

and about the ...'breasts' which are pectorals in the case of a male :D that's the bumpmap near the arrow and that other thing is the nipple of that's what u mean :D

onscreen
10-07-2003, 05:16 PM
Some facial expression maybe??

it looks to calm for him to get defeated :p

Beastie
10-07-2003, 06:58 PM
Nice job! Pose looks alittle strange but I like it! :thumbsup:

Hexodam
10-07-2003, 07:03 PM
most excelent, think though that he needs a facial expression and that his left leg should be more outwards, doesnt seem to be blanced at the moment

ceql
10-07-2003, 07:17 PM
Wow, awesome work Raul, beautifully modelled! :applause: :applause: (can we get some rendered closeups? :D)

btw, please fix ur site so we can checkout more of ur work! :beer:

CnexS
10-07-2003, 07:23 PM
personaly i dont think it should be THAT much grain in the pic.. and maybe you should add som feathers on the end of the arrow instead of thouse plates

nanabaky
10-07-2003, 07:38 PM
excellent modeling !! but i wonder one thing : how can a titan be defeated bye only 3 arrows ??? :p

:thumbsup:

Rivendale
10-07-2003, 09:39 PM
Great modelling Raul, very over the top masculine, cool!
I think you could work more on the creases in the forehead, they look more like scars to me in the render. The image seems out of balance. I know he's falling, but maybe make him less out of balance? or place something, like a rock, to the right of him to make a better composition:shrug: You could lengthen the legs a bit also, they look a bit too short but it might be the angle only.
You really should put some nice textures on it, that way you could make the arrows stand out more with some blood too.

Nice:thumbsup:

Virtuoso
10-07-2003, 09:39 PM
Just a wonderful piece of work Raul-Reznek..........In fact I like the pose,perhaps a little off balanced,but I believe it adds some real originality.....I think that after being shot by these arrows off-balanced posture could occur quite easily........ :cool:

The organic musculature of this Titan is top notch,great job.I think you should give him full attention with textures and speacial scene.This level of modeling deserves that.Hmmmmm........let's talk about a scene for him,I have some things in mind...................:drool:

Well you have a very nice creation here,excellent job................Front page material if you ask me.Organic modeling done beautifully. :thumbsup: :beer:

DoctorStopMo
10-07-2003, 10:47 PM
Wow, that is amazing!

RazzMataz
10-07-2003, 11:22 PM
First of all;

WOW, great modelling!

The area around the knees, the way you have achieved union of muscle and bone, is excelent.

Suggestions to improove pose;

-I would have him twisting, making him more dynamic.

-The off balance is a good start, but I would have him trying harder to stay on his feet, but still loosing the battle, if you know what I mean. :)

Great stuff.

Cheers.

Kel Solaar
10-07-2003, 11:27 PM
Excellent modelling work, very impressive and clean!

Garma
10-07-2003, 11:28 PM
beautiful modelled, and a very cool pose you got there!
cheers

Gremlin
10-07-2003, 11:50 PM
looks awesome, but the grain doesnt look that good... but I do like the monotone color scheme, and the design is very cool. How about some close ups on the face (non-wire)
Cheers,
:beer:

zarkos
10-08-2003, 12:02 AM
Excelent :applause:

eddy-3ddy
10-08-2003, 12:10 AM
ej, I like the "allmost-I-fall-pose", What else you think you do when you have been shot by 3 arrows.. duh!!! :beer:

ShinChanPu
10-08-2003, 12:37 AM
3ddy:

ej, I like the "allmost-I-fall-pose", What else you think you do when you have been shot by 3 arrows.. duh!!!

I agree about the pose... how can a falling body avoid being unbalanced?????:p However, I think the pose can be improved... the silouette is no so clear as I expect from so stunning modeling artist. The camera position and the pose are making this Titan shortlegged. BTW I think none of us would keep our mouth closed if we would be shot by 3 arrows... yes, I know... hes a TITAN. :)

Raul, your modeling skill is awesome. I specially love how you made arms and chest. I realize of the study of classic sculpture (roman or greek) you did too.

Keep posting your works here, please.

RazzMataz
10-08-2003, 12:49 AM
Well, I will try to explain visually.;)

Hostil Elektrod
10-08-2003, 01:00 AM
Nice One! that pose and gesture looks very quite and modeling are very good.

see your work so close.

Beechdbum
10-08-2003, 01:09 AM
hey great job, always liked your stuff very inspiring considering your my age, congrats on making the gallery with the piece btw :beer: .... are you planning on going to school for 3d?

leigh
10-08-2003, 01:14 AM
Great work as always, Raul :thumbsup:

The only thing I can really add to the crits that have already been given is that I do find the pose quite strange - his center of gravity looks out. A few people have mentioned that this is because he is falling, but somehow his facial expression and arms don't really look like you'd imagine those of a falling man to look.

But modelling wise, this is superb work. A really awesome effort, you're a real modelling prodigy :)

Rivendale
10-08-2003, 01:16 AM
Originally posted by Shin Chan Pu
I agree about the pose... how can a falling body avoid being unbalanced?????:p
Yeah I know, I meant more that the image composition is somewhat unbalanced. He is falling to the right, so it would be good to have a "line" going in the opposite direction of the fall, or at least something to stop him from falling out of the picture if you know what I mean.:p This might seem like a minor thing but I think it's worth to think about if there will be a scene. I attached an image to show what I mean. Blue lines are the directions of the body. The brown part in the corner is what you could add to make the image better composition-wise I think.

Btw- I can imagine how amazed I would be if I was walking down the street and came by a statue like this.
:beer:

leigh
10-08-2003, 01:17 AM
Oh, and I also agree that the arrows could benefit from some feathers because right now it's not all that obvious what they are :)

rebo
10-08-2003, 01:19 AM
Utterly amazed.

Lukashi
10-08-2003, 01:24 AM
inspiring! Did you model him posed on did u rig him?

Salaadin
10-08-2003, 01:56 AM
very nice modeling man ..and the whole atmosphere is amazing..love it
:thumbsup:

pearson
10-08-2003, 02:02 AM
Awesome! :eek: I too missed the arrows at first. I think you should twist the upper body and/or move the camera to the side a bit so the arrows are clearly seen sticking out of his chest. That would also make it more dynamic I think. :shrug:

Max4ever
10-08-2003, 02:07 AM
pluged dude! ;) told your ass you're the best romanian modeler :D

tsuru
10-08-2003, 02:15 AM
I have to agree the facial expression in the wireframes doesn't seem to fit his wanning mortality...however the light in the rendered hides the look of defiance he still has. Here's is a thought process that may give you some ideas...or you might have already considered them...either way, here:

Why do tough bad guys fall down?

I would argue that in story visualization realm, there are only two times a tough bad guy falls down:
1) He is hit with such a powerful blow that knocks him down, however being the tough guy he is, he'll summarily get back up.

2) The final death blow has been delivered and his muscles no longer have the strength to hold him up.

Seeing as how these don't look like the 2cm-in-diameter-thick, pin-you-against-a-wall-10m-away arrows mister uruk-hai baddie used at the end of LoTR:Fellowship... This shot probably falls under category number two.

Assuming that is the case and he is falling as a result of muscle weakness / failure... I'd say his face muscles might carry some of that slackness... Like maybe a slack jaw, with mouth agape in a feeble attempt to gasp his last breath...

If you do intend for him to still be in the process of fighting the idea he is about to die..well personally I think it would be cool for some blood coming out the mouth...but that's just my personal prefernce :)

Aside from the actual pose, I think that something this muscular would have buff enough trapezius muscles that you would see them from that angle, it may not be much visible but just a hint... there is just something about that neck on the right side of the picture that just looks like it's joining the truck in a slighty un-natural way

Otherwise it's fan boy time for me :P :buttrock:

manutara
10-08-2003, 03:30 AM
But...yeah...the whole appeal is not working...the profile with the arrows...you can't see the arrows!!! Bad staging!

The toes of the left (his) are not on the ground as they should...the whole wieght is on that leg, but the toes are not showing that.

Awesome work on the model!!!:applause:

technoguy
10-08-2003, 03:36 AM
love the feet!

Yeah, i didnt notice the arrow either. The wrinkles in the forhead look weird...maybe a better render! Great anotomy modeling.

DZL
10-08-2003, 03:50 AM
top-notch modeling. what can you say?

as for the pose, it looks awkward, but enough has been said about this.

i think it helps to imagine the pose as a sillouette, and if it isn't obvious what is going on, then you need to change the camera angle or pose. the reason we aren't seeing the arrows, is because they are in line with the camera. if they were pointed away from the body (like a side-view would show) it would make it way more apparent. i think this has been mentioned also.

again - awesome modeling.

DoLeeP
10-08-2003, 03:58 AM
super model
I like it very very mush
good musle

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

treatment
10-08-2003, 05:40 AM
Nice! My two cents is the bicept area, the bicepts look a little long and where they connect to the elbow or forearm doesn't look quite right.

HapZungLam
10-08-2003, 05:46 AM
I totally agree with Leigh. I have the same feeling that his pose looks strange. But your model is veryvery good.

Thx for sharing.:thumbsup:

cgjie
10-08-2003, 06:40 AM
Woooooooooooom!
larger render!I want.

I love this work very much!
Could you give me a 1024*768 render as wallpaper?
thinks a lot!

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Windmill
10-08-2003, 07:30 AM
wow very nice
wish I was half as good
:applause: :applause: :applause:

Jezait
10-08-2003, 07:31 AM
Wow, It's amazing how you can model the complexity of the human (resembling) body with such complexity.

Hickory
10-08-2003, 07:51 AM
Your work never stops amazing me.

This guy looks to be shrugging off these 2 arrows pretty well. I actually thought he was a football player at first :) The way that left arm is held, it looks like he should have a ball there and the other arm up to block a tackle.

I would take his left arm, the side of the chest that has the arrow in it, and make it more limp and hanging closer to his side. Give the hand more of a weakly clinched look. Maybe have him holding his head up and him looking more into the distance. He might be hurt, but he is determined.

The other arm which is held out as balance, should have the hand raised a bit and the palm facing us a touch. Its a stronger posture and also would support his determination at shaking off this attack.

Hickory 2.5

wedge
10-08-2003, 08:02 AM
i, too, would like to know if you modeled it in the pose or used bones.

olijosman
10-08-2003, 08:08 AM
awesome modeled!!:applause:

Meny
10-08-2003, 08:14 AM
Congratulations Raul! :thumbsup:

butchoi
10-08-2003, 08:30 AM
amazing dude! :buttrock:

Royal
10-08-2003, 08:57 AM
Good Job man, the only thing that is bad is the pose, he's got a arrow in is heart for christ sake, make him scream and show some pain..

b-lame
10-08-2003, 09:06 AM
hey raul. i like your muscle-modeling very much. looks fantastic.

my only critiques would be:

* like some people mentioned before, the arrows are hardly noticable - it's in the pose i suppose (hey, nice rhyme that, eh? :D )

* and i don't think that in reality this little strap on his shoulder that holds the clothes would actually hold them for long - see, when the msucles bulge, it would probably just burst. i suggest you give it the appearance of a chain, or rough leather or something.

but, as i said, i still think this is a fabulous model.

b-lame
10-08-2003, 09:06 AM
hey raul. i like your muscle-modeling very much. looks fantastic.

my only critiques would be:

* like some people mentioned before, the arrows are hardly noticable - it's in the pose i suppose (hey, nice rhyme that, eh? :D )

* and i don't think that in reality this little strap on his shoulder that holds the clothes would actually hold them for long - see, when the msucles bulge, it would probably just burst. i suggest you give it the appearance of a chain, or rough leather or something.

but, as i said, i still think this is a fabulous model.

BnE
10-08-2003, 09:12 AM
EXCELLENT! i love your modeling Raul and the pose too! mega detailed! i hope to see it finished! as someone said before, arrows are hardly noticable... bbut that's all i have to say..... it's really cool!

:beer: :arteest:

rasmusW
10-08-2003, 09:14 AM
GREAT model...

really like the huge level of detail, you made.
his expression in his his face is also good.

but, don't know if it's the pose or what, but it seems to me, that his arms and legs are a bit to short.
perhaps if you rotated his pelvis a bit and also his bend leg, i think that would do the trick...

-but again, very nice model. great rendering too.

Gambin
10-08-2003, 09:28 AM
really amazing, i love the muscle( no,no i'am not gay...)...remind me old antique statue...

Wiro
10-08-2003, 09:34 AM
Excellent modelling! Love those details!
I also don't really like the pose though. It feels like it's a couple of frames off the key pose if you know what I mean. He is not in mid-fall...he is in mid-getting-ready-to-fall...or he could even be in I-just-rised-from-the-dead pose.
It just doesn't read well. One leg off the ground could help to show where he will fall towards, or make the loincloth flap more to show where he fell from.

I also didn't see the arrows. The silhouette REALLY should show the action and right now only one arrow is outlined...and this one isn't even the "mortal" arrow.
The same goes for his outstretched hand. The fingers overlap too much which destroys the drama they could otherwise show.

It's some outstanding modelling work but it needs some polish in the presentation.

Wiro

delly
10-08-2003, 10:02 AM
At first glance I can't spot the arrow either, I thought it just a cool pose.

But this is excellent work :thumbsup: :buttrock:

Pickman
10-08-2003, 10:14 AM
If you used the same control cage as the vampire you made a while ago you might consider reducing the neck a bit, I agree with some people here telling you that the center of gravity is off and that arrows are hardly noticeable.

Appart from that you've made a terribly nice piece everyone's here should be inspired by.
Great job.

Supervlieg
10-08-2003, 11:56 AM
Excellent modelling. Nothing to crit on the pose and rendering. although I had failed to see what the pose was all about. I just thought he was falling over.

I only saw the arrows after I saw them mentioned in the posts. You might consider a pose that show them sticking out more clearly.

Great work though!

Max4d
10-08-2003, 01:06 PM
Hey buddy

I already gave my comments on this one, but i just have to give you my congratiolations. I do hate fanboy comments but i just can't help myself. It has been a long time since you posted anything and you made one hell of a comeback and have just shown us what you ARE capable off.

Greetz Max4d

ninox
10-08-2003, 01:09 PM
your picture is simply amazing though the pose of your character seems a little bit strange...
NICE WORK :applause:

PanzerG
10-08-2003, 01:14 PM
what can i say?I love your modeling, and this character, amazing work!!!!

Mindgem
10-08-2003, 02:07 PM
Very nice piece, but the right arm is much to short and the neck looks like fishskin on the left side.

Laa-Yosh
10-08-2003, 02:13 PM
Can't see the wires... :(

Pretty cool image by the way! The bicep of the bent arm looks a bit strange though, it should look a bit more flexed and compressed.

Wonderer
10-08-2003, 02:46 PM
Excellent work! I agree about rethinking the pose and arrows, but at this stage you still have to make the scene and the textures for the character, so the pose isn't yet the greatest of your concern's.
What about some greek ruins for the scene, I think the ruins would get to the overall idea of a titan falling.:thumbsup: :beer:

pascal_blanche
10-08-2003, 02:59 PM
my eyes.. cant find my eyes.... ouchie now that's a cool anatomy work!! nice job Raul!

Plasticbag
10-08-2003, 04:07 PM
great work!!
can see that you have put in alot of effort into this one:applause:

andreja
10-08-2003, 04:29 PM
You are the Best.:bowdown:

Matt-Clark
10-08-2003, 04:44 PM
Is anyone else not seeing the wires on page 1?

Looking great btw, and concur with most of the posts about the pose.

:)

Raul-Reznek
10-08-2003, 05:18 PM
GOD DAMN!!!!!

what can happen in one day! fieuh!! where to start...

i obviously can't reply to all of you guys so i'm gonna speak in general.

BIG thx too all my friends , helped me with good crits.

Thx to everyone else here.

about the character - he was supposed to be the brother of my last char, i was gonna make an anim, but now it's out of the question

about character anatomy - i think there's a LOT of flaws everywhere, you guys are just passing them by.

about the pose - in my eyes it seemed good, i guess i never watched it with 'fresh eyes'. All you guys were right, i especially liked Rivendale's explaination.

about a bigger pic - i can't render it, max crashes dunno why

about finishing it - if i COULD, i WOULD, i'm in a hard school year, no time.

about the arrows - i see what u ment, but i didn't want to arrtact attention on them, either way u saw tehm or not it was still good.I wanted to exhibit the chars anatomy

about the composition - i like what rivandale, leigh, razmataz,virtuoso and ALL you otehr guys said.
i was going to do that, but i thought ppl wouldn;t like my char so i just left it as it is.

thx a lot max4ever ;)

FIEUH! enough for one post.

thx again everyone!

Beechdbum
10-08-2003, 05:23 PM
oh, your prob noticed but your websites down, :wavey:

Raul-Reznek
10-08-2003, 05:29 PM
Lee-yosh - Tamas Varga - you have no idea since when i've been searching for your site!

saw a good piece of your work somehwere and couldn't find your site! :D

as for why the wires dissapeared, the guys at lycos said i was abusing of their services... :annoyed:

NeoGSR
10-08-2003, 06:30 PM
Hey why did you take my picture and put arrows in me?!
Nah just playing around...

Damn good model, but one thing annoys me. When I first opened it up from the main page and saw the image, I didnt like the camera angle. Looked like the character was falling backwards. So I closed the window.

Then I saw the name of the thread and read defeat, ok this makes sense. I had to search for the arrows. Change the perspective the camera is rendering from. The arrows arent read very well.

But overall, damn good!

kwaiky
10-08-2003, 07:13 PM
incredible modelling and beautiful work...

just a couple of things that caught my eye >>
your character's left foot could do with a bit more weight.
titan's obviously a heavy guy, his body is offbalanced and his weight is almost completely on his left foot and it should look like it's under a lot of strain (adding veins, muscle, spreading out toes).
and his ears look a lil pointy from here too :)

and i agree on the arrows...

PENdzel
10-08-2003, 07:34 PM
:)))

Raul-Reznek
10-08-2003, 08:00 PM
ah at last!

my good friend KingMob uploaded some of my images on his site

thx dude

chabged the position

http://ian.gravityfree.com/Final2.jpg
http://ian.gravityfree.com/Final1.jpg

Raul-Reznek
10-08-2003, 08:02 PM
oh! forgot to say
teh mesh got deformed a bit after i moved around the bones

and which reminds me, the character was not modelled in the precedent position

Max4d
10-08-2003, 08:12 PM
Hey

I thinks this an improvement. The arrows are much more visible.
The face though is maybe a bit to extreme, it looks like he is extremely pissed, maybe agony or surprise would be more fitting for a titan.
Also, his left lower arm, it seems way to thick. It's thickness is just a big as the biceps, which on such a trained body seems a bit unnatural. Could be me though.

I like were the scene is going, but it's just to early to give any decent comment on that.

Keep it going, it's turning out great.

Max4d

Oh yeah, eh... maybe the grain is a bit to much.

Raul-Reznek
10-08-2003, 08:31 PM
i think it is important for everyone not to take everything literally.

a titan can be anything from a cow to an apple think abstaract.

JBoskma
10-08-2003, 08:42 PM
Legs look awefull short. Stunning work though!

Quarob
10-08-2003, 08:55 PM
The new renders are better than the first ones. The body is superb, what I still don't like is the expression on his face. Great work :)

phoenix
10-08-2003, 09:01 PM
very nice muscular details:) i love the over all image

jud
10-08-2003, 09:39 PM
If you have the time maybe you could make a background that resembled hell with flames and such and he is being hunted as he is trying to escape his life of servitude and seek redemtion in heaven.
Love the modelling,it reminds me of a sculpture that could stand tall in a town center.

It also looks great the way it is.

jud

rizob
10-09-2003, 01:07 AM
lookin killer, you should soften the shadow of the main light, nice anatomy, you should throw up a clinched fist, (you can tell how well the rig was built.) love the bronzy tone. for the scene i would have him surrounded by nepolionic soldiers, but that would mean aloooot of modeling anyway , nice work

Lordrych
10-09-2003, 03:11 AM
I would actually say that his face fits him perfectly. I will tell you why, he portrays someone very strong and very stubborn, anyone like that even if they get 3 arrows in him will not admit to death. The look on his face that I perceive is stubborn anger, someone not admitting to death. I love it and the strong shadows suit the mood this is a powerful image it need not soft shadows but strong straight shadows. Anyway I love your work Raul always have. Great job and rock on with more work :buttrock:

Rych

Goatfuzz
10-09-2003, 06:34 AM
I should've replied earlier, sorry. This is simply excellent! You are a talented modeller without a doubt, Raul-Reznek! :beer:

shambler
10-09-2003, 07:18 AM
you are a truely monster :applause:

SpaceTik
10-09-2003, 08:22 AM
I really like the pose its very dramatic, looks like he is a hard dude to take down and is struggling really hard to stay upright even though he know he is beaten but his body just wont quit and he staggers on!!!. A bit like when your really stoned.. Hence the weird pose!

Nixon
10-09-2003, 10:46 AM
:buttrock: Hey, man, great work!

I'm just a neighbour from Bulgaria, down south. It's always great to see someone represent the Balkans respectively. :)

I am just amazed by the anatomy detail, looks great everywhere, although as someone mentioned, the legs don't feel the correct lenght.

The one thing I was thinking about is if you make the flesh around the arrows go inside a little more, that would show better their location, and would be more natural. A little blood maybe, would be nice.

The pose is not a pose for me, it's more than a transition between poses, if that's the intention, i guess it's ok.

About the face, his mouth is very closed, the eyes are open, he doesn't look surprised or hurt, perhaps you could look at a movie (LOR - Fellowship) to see the death of Boromir, that scene was quite good in showing pain, suffering and powerfull will. Here's an image of what I mean:
http://www.cinemaq.bg/nix/lor_boromir.jpg

And for last - keep up the good work and luck!

nadeemmar
10-09-2003, 12:30 PM
that some great work

really great model , and yeah the second pose is a lot better than the first one

there is somthing wrong with his right hand thumble (second picture in the last post) seems to be too fat or somthing , i don't know how to explain ..

as others said the only thing missing now is a suitable face expression , let say screamming with anger

keep up the good work :applause: :thumbsup:

aQu
10-09-2003, 12:51 PM
Nice abs! :applause:

cgjie
10-10-2003, 05:49 PM
Do you resolve max render problem?
good luck!

larger render.
1024*768 as my wallpaper,thanks a lot!

:buttrock: :buttrock: :buttrock:

mikepolizos
10-10-2003, 06:32 PM
Great modeling man!
Keep it up Waiting for the texturing!

nikudy
10-13-2003, 07:41 AM
Verry cool stuff.Superb anatomical detail.About the legs length i think it ok like that.After all it is not a real human(it is a mythological creature), and may not follow the same proportions.

PM:

Super misto. Daca ai din cand in cand ceva timp poate tinem legatura. Ma gasesti si pe Yahoo Messenger cu ID: nikudy.

facial
10-14-2003, 06:32 AM
Coool work, :thumbsup:
It shows the heavy feeling in him left hand without any heavy object. I guess he hold a iron ball. LOL
Keep post up !

lildragon
10-18-2003, 10:13 AM
Great work as always Raul, guess it was a good thing we replaced your image with the one in the gallery ;), there's nothing much to crit here, you nailed alot of it. Well done

You have received the CGtalk choice award .Please feel free to display this image anywhere you like! Great work!

upon receiving this award, it guarantees you a spot in the cgtalk gallery hall of fame (http://gallery.cgtalk.com) - which you are now placed

http://www.cgtalk.com/plug_award/cgtalk_award_oct03_2.jpg

P.S. Please email me @ tito@cgnetworks.com so I can send you the award .psd file

salud

Raul-Reznek
10-18-2003, 12:07 PM
Thank you Lildragon! And a BIG thank you to everyone who repied to this and a special thanks to all the friends who helped me morally on this :D

A big thanks to the cgt. team, it's an honor.

Thanks!

Laa-Yosh
10-18-2003, 12:32 PM
Still can't see any wires... ;)

Raul-Reznek
10-18-2003, 12:44 PM
tried to upload but my site is down again...

Laa-Yosh
10-18-2003, 12:55 PM
Try sending it to Loggie... www.metagons.com

Max4d
10-18-2003, 02:05 PM
Congratulations on the award Raul, you truly deserved it my friend. People like you inspire me to push my limits:D:D

Max4d

Climax
10-25-2003, 01:31 AM
I love the marble like Feeling and also the anatomy treatment, but i feel like you went a little bit short in the legs!
:drool:

sizzlebits
10-25-2003, 06:00 AM
I love the modeling, but i'd like to see a different expression on his face.

jhektor
10-25-2003, 06:10 AM
great model. nice firm details suit him well.

as far as scene suggestions, the first thing coming into my mind is a fire dominated location:

volcanic activity and rugged rocks/cliffs
a metal-smith in his workshop
a temple guardian (standing next enflamed giant perti-dishes)... that kind of thing.

Skyraider3D
04-18-2004, 11:56 AM
You've got some mad modelling skills going on there! The images look great! :thumbsup:
Congrats on the gallery placement!
And thanks for using E-Light! :)

Raul-Reznek
08-11-2004, 03:29 PM
i couldn't edit my first post so i had to add the image here

Raul-Reznek
08-11-2004, 03:32 PM
new image
why can't i edit my posts?

rictormortis
08-11-2004, 03:50 PM
amazing! the only prob i have is your proportions seem a bit odd, but mayby you modeld him to look like that! but well done!

StephD
08-17-2004, 12:20 PM
amazing modeling :thumbsup:
the pose is much better now, the face is very expressive too...

as for anatomy, some details are wrong, but the overall feel is just perfect, the strength of the guy is incredibly well rendered :buttrock:

SiWenBaiLei
08-17-2004, 01:26 PM
http://www.cgnetworks.com/galleryimages/1200/Final_medium.jpg (http://www.cgnetworks.com/galleryimages/1200/Final.jpg)

Hello everyone.
this is my latest piece.Losta lot of time on this project

tools: 3dsmax, e-light, photoshop.

I'd make a scene and give him a diffuse if i had the time anymore or if i had a good idea.I'm open to scene ideas.

that good ~

techart
08-20-2004, 04:05 PM
whell done man...super tare lucrat..imi pare bine sa vad inca un model al tau super reusit.......ce s-a intamplat cu celalalt model din avatar?.....l-ai terminat...where can I see a link?

good job again and hope to see more of this from you

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
my work:
http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/4/3667/3667_1087296147_large.jpg
http://www.cgnetworks.com/gallerycrits/64781/64781_1091616205.jpg
http://www.cgtalk.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=56228
http://www.cgtalk.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=56230

techart
08-20-2004, 04:07 PM
I love it a lot...the last one I mean.,.......I like it more then the first one...has more mood

love the material too..keep going

tha muscles are absolutely amazing

cheers man

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
my work:
http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/4/3667/3667_1087296147_large.jpg
http://www.cgnetworks.com/gallerycrits/64781/64781_1091616205.jpg
http://www.cgtalk.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=56228
http://www.cgtalk.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=56230

StephD
08-23-2004, 10:13 PM
hey raul
can't see the wires, could you post them on another server please?

Darktwin
08-25-2004, 02:26 AM
Wow very nice model and detail in the muscle structure and tendons. Very nice work. I like the pose you've chosen in reaction to the model being hit by the arrows. Very good work.

RaresH
08-31-2004, 05:39 PM
Bravo..Excelent. I dont see any major problems with with the anatomy. It has a very classical feeling to it and since it is a statue(at least thats the impression i get) exagerated features can slide.

ficolo
09-10-2004, 12:24 PM
You are the best!

By
Ficolo

gogator100
07-03-2005, 10:04 PM
this is very dynamic...very nice modeling !

Dabra
12-01-2005, 10:18 PM
The pose is what attracted me to you guy. His muscles make the figure stand out

paco380
12-02-2005, 09:29 PM
The Character is great really wanted to tell you that.

The Pose I feel is still kind of confusing. His body and his face seem to be saying two different things. His body really seems kind of off balance because the weight on his feet do not match the upper body. Actually the lack of weight in the pose really hurts a character who looks really heavy. Check out this silhouette of the character if you can make that tell the story of the character it will give you a great pose.

Also something to think about is looking at an anatomy book a little closer whith some of the muscle's. His neck is to small for such wide shoulders. His Rectus femoris in his leg does not stop it actually moves down to the patella.

This character is right there its defenitly really cool

CGTalk Moderation
12-02-2005, 09:29 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.