PDA

View Full Version : Lighting Help needed

aditheartist
10-28-2010, 05:25 PM
Am a Maya lighting artist. Am preparing my demoreel. But am in need of Maya textured files. I got evermotions hell lot of files. all are in max. when i convert it to obj and open in Maya it will just be in shaded and i need to link all the textures or sometimes am not able to apply as the full model will be a single object. It has been a hectic job for me.
I even downloaded the scene files from 3drender.com. But there also i got an untextured models. I didn't get some textured Maya models by browsing some sites even. I kindly need help. I need Maya textured files.

playmesumch00ns
10-28-2010, 06:04 PM
http://www.3drender.com/challenges/

aditheartist
10-29-2010, 06:01 AM
@playmesumch00ns i have already told that i have all the 3drender files and those are not textured. kindly read again.

arusnak
11-03-2010, 01:52 PM
To be honest, as a Lighting Artist you'll need shade and texture the scene yourself. You're not going to find any scene out there that is model AND textured that only needs lighting. Shading and Light are synonymous with each other.

Your Best Bet is to take the scenes that playmesumch00ns linked and Shade and Light them.

lighto
11-08-2010, 07:35 AM
You can also team up with other artists to do texturing and shading. However I also do think having able to do them by yourself will benefit you in a long run.

cg-cnu
11-09-2010, 04:20 PM
What arusnak said is right. If you are seriously thinking of becoming a lighting artist, You have to learn atleast the basics of shading and texturing. So, take this as an opportunity and teach yourself some texturing skills. If you find any problems post them here. Some one will help you out. :)

efecto
11-09-2010, 06:55 PM
Depends on which studio he/she will be working for. Having shading and texturing skills is plus for a lighting artist but not a must. Smaller studios expect you to do more as they usually want generalists.

What arusnak said is right. If you are seriously thinking of becoming a lighting artist, You have to learn atleast the basics of shading and texturing. So, take this as an opportunity and teach yourself some texturing skills. If you find any problems post them here. Some one will help you out. :)

cg-cnu
11-09-2010, 07:21 PM
ya.......sure it depends on the personal interest and the workplace. Thats why I said " Basics ". I don't expect him to become a photorealistic texture painter, just applying the shaders and projecting the textues on to the models will help a lot in the long run.

Any way its my opinion.......

CGTalk Moderation
11-09-2010, 07:21 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.