PDA

View Full Version : Illustration: Do Androids dream of...

Humorix
10-07-2003, 02:24 PM
My first post here...

http://www.20six.co.uk/pub/Humorix/Fisher.jpg

Do androids dream about Electric sheep and brag about the one that got away?

Sqwall
10-07-2003, 02:57 PM
cool man but this are not only androids dreams (mine kind of , but haven't got enough time :annoyed: )

Nice realisation :beer:

The only thing that I dislike is the underwater, it looks kinda wierd,

Oinky
10-07-2003, 03:32 PM
sweeeeet.

First i was a little confused about the whole metalfish thingy in the sky, but i think ive figured it out.

The whole picture has a little of a "you cant always get what you want", "trying to catch something thats not there", "too high expentations" feeling which i like. Always nice to see people thinking further than just "lets make a cool robot".

now over to acouple of crits.

the first thing that hit me was the grass by his feet. maybe you should try to adjust them a little since they are too "plane" looking now (is it maya painteffects?)
after that we have the material on his kneecaps. the whole char got a plastic feeling over him which is fine, but that grey just looks too.. euuhmm.. default blinn.
I would also like him to gain a little "weight", meaning it would be nice to see that he's really sitting on that rock. he looks little he's hovering over the rock right now.
and last, the bubbles from the fish. A little smaller would do the trick ;)

..and ofcourse dont take these crits too seriously, its a sweet picture. keep up the good work. :thumbsup:

ps. can you post wire and program used?

onscreen
10-07-2003, 04:23 PM
Frankly, this artwork deserve a 5 star for the concept / idea :applause:

Good try on the rendering.. i dont mind that it dont looks realistic.. at least it is good to see something that is ordinary or out from realisim :drool:

Humorix
10-07-2003, 09:55 PM
The image was modeled and rendered in Bryce. The android, robot-fish etc were created through boolean operations.
Thanx for the inputs Oinky...will definitely work on them.
What I wanted to depict was a robot, imagining Fishes to be mechanical creations like him, uses a nut as a bait...which of course serves no purpose! :p Dunno how much of that I was able to depict!

paradisio
10-07-2003, 10:17 PM
Pretty impressive for all bryce, I am more of a vue person...

But how did you do that sky in bryce? It is sweet...

Well the whole thing is sweet :P

Oinky
10-08-2003, 12:12 PM
aaah. then i got the picture right then weeee :D

People always surprise me with what they are capable of doing with that application.

keep up the good work, and dont forget to post your next piece here aswell!

PanzerG
10-08-2003, 12:33 PM
i like this work, cause it is diffrent, grate:)

Humorix
10-09-2003, 05:16 AM
Hi Thanks guys. Oinky will definitely post my other works here! Bryce definitely is a quirky but a cute software. I love its intuitiveness, but it does have severe limitations...guess its time for me to move on to other SW. Trying my had at Max. Though haven't given up on Bryce completely yet. Zbrush interests me a lot. Btw, do you post your pic anywhere Oinky?
Paradiso. Its a standard Bryce sky, which I tweaked about a bit, and I added in a whole bunch of spheres with cloud texture to create the clouds, which also become the dream bubbles.

Will post the wire frame pic here soon!

staffanlincoln
07-12-2004, 05:50 AM
Hi Humorix

I think the over-water part of the picture is gorgeous. Very good work. If I were you, I'd hand paint some contact shadow where his butt touches the rock is Photoshop. Maybe paint some shadow below his feet too.

The nut does not show. Well of course if you know that it's there you can find it. But it should be the first thing that you see, since it is telling story. Try to lead the eye toward the nut with rays of light or something. Maybe you should hide the fishes eyes in shadow, since eyes draw a lot of attention, or better yet, make the fishes look at the nut instead of away from it. Maybe the nut should be almost black instead of self illuminated silver. As long as the background is bright it will stand out and be more recognizable as a nut.

The subwater-part needs a little tweaking in the colours, also. I think you have too little contrast there. The seaweed at the bottom is yellowish like they were seen through a dirty yellow glass window. The lighting looks a little flat below. Put some light coming from the side, not all of it from the top.

Great pic. I wouldn't be commenting otherwize.

CGTalk Moderation
01-16-2006, 06:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.