PDA

View Full Version : Help, spectral scenes switches to volumetric and destroys layers!

phamarus
10-27-2010, 12:33 PM
What the heck is this, Im trying out vue 8 ple and sometimes when I have saved some nice scenes in spectral mode, with volumetric lighting and clouds, and trying to load them in again ..suddenly vue seems to have destroyed the scenefiles in the way that the spectral atmosphere is removed with all itīs volumetric settings including clouds.

Itīs really weird since I could load these files in before without any problem, now it switches to the volumetric atmospheric mode and all cloud and spectral volumetric is gone, the thumb preview looks as they should thou.

I remember that I had this issue with my older other computer with a nvidia quadro fx 1100 card 2gb ram and vue ple 7.5 and windows xp.

now I got me a new geforce gtx 480 card with 12 gb ram and windows 7, and I can see that this is still happening..Itīs a little sad to loose those scenes that took ours to tweak.

I canīt be the only one who have had this issue, unfortunatly no one at cornucopia has given any reply and thereīs no vue 8 ple support to contact.

Michael

ExtremeProjects
10-28-2010, 09:53 AM
Hey Michael,

I can't really see why this would be occurring. Your best bet is to reinstall and then also contact the technicians at E-on Software as they are really good with software issues in my experience.

If you are animating any of these scene's then check that you haven't animated the scene from spectral to volumetric...

That's about all I can say without seeing it. Sorry i can't be more help!

- Conrad

phamarus
10-28-2010, 10:17 AM
Hey Michael,

I can't really see why this would be occurring. Your best bet is to reinstall and then also contact the technicians at E-on Software as they are really good with software issues in my experience.

If you are animating any of these scene's then check that you haven't animated the scene from spectral to volumetric...

That's about all I can say without seeing it. Sorry i can't be more help!

- Conrad

Thanks!, your the first and only one so far to have at least replied to this, no one in the cornucopia forums has answered my two threads on it, maybe they just havenīt experienced any thing like this, unfortunatly thereīs no support for vue 8 ple users so I canīt contact any technician at E-on Software as Im aware of.

No thereīs no animation involved.

I donīt think it would help to reinstall, this was a pretty much fresh install and I had this issue with a completly different computer before and with vue 7 ple.
I was using windows xp on a quadro fx 1100 and vue ple 7
Now I use windows 7 and nvidia geforce gtx 480 and vue ple 8.

What I believe it might be, is either that I tweak atmosphere settings and save scenes without closing the atmosphere editor, but I could reload scenes made this way before without having them destroyed this way, the problem started when I was trying to load scene with the load recent scene option, after that it seems all screwed up.

Unfortunatly I canīt send scenefiles either since their not compatible with other versions.
Dont know if it would help to send scenefile settings or images, scenefile settings are lost anyway from spectral scenes when it switches to volumetric.

I donīt understand why e-on doesnīt have forum support or mail contact for trial versions and they must be shooting themself in the foot having a support forum not on their own site, but on the cornucopia site.

Do it like Newtek for gods sake.

Michael

ExtremeProjects
10-28-2010, 11:05 AM
Hey mate,

check if you can access these forums here:

http://www.e-onsoftware.com/support/forum2/index.php?sid=15a7d41f26049234470ca61f5478d4de

They may only be for xstream/infinite/maintenance users however. I'm not sure, I'm an xStream user so I have access to them all...

You should be able to contact someone by going to "customer support" and then "contact a technician"... Hopefully they can help you... try this link too.

http://www.e-onsoftware.com/support/forum2/index.php?sid=15a7d41f26049234470ca61f5478d4de

hope one of these helps

phamarus
10-28-2010, 06:35 PM
thanks for the suggestions Allan, but those two links are the same, and you cant get acess to those as ple user, Ive tried to get acess to that with my ple registration but no luck.

I can only suspect it has something to do with some settings in the aerial perspective perhaps, sometimes I set it as high as 40 but Im not sure if thatīs causing it.
Same goes with fog ground settings wich I could set to over 600.
But this is just speculating, no real clue to why it swaps from spectral mode to volumetric and destroys the atmosphere completly.

Argh..I though I should post some images, but Im out quota and I donīt understand why I cant select my earlier posts and delete them, thereīs no check box to remove them.

Michael

phamarus
10-29-2010, 12:59 PM
Iīll think Iīm gonna do it this way, since cgtalk is so limited in attachment size and I need to post a request of clearing some of my very old attachment, Im gonna post a demo vid on My Vimeo site showcasing the problem wich would be more effecient to analyse what might be wrong with the scenes getting screwed up.

Ivé noticed when I loaded a preset scene wich still works, and then save it as it is on the desktop to check it, It Getīs destroyed in the manner that the spectral atmosphere is lost and turns in to volumetric atmosphere. so there must be something happening while it gets saved perhaps.

Michael

CGTalk Moderation
10-29-2010, 12:59 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.