PDA

View Full Version : Label on a bottle

cmortier
05-30-2002, 11:18 AM
Hi,

I want to put a label texture on a bottle, but I don't know how to keep right proportion, the label must go exactly around the bottle but with a fixed height, so I draw the texture in photoshop but of course it stretch when I put it on the bottle (it wasn't long enough for the height), how can I calculate the right ratio ? :insane:

leigh
05-30-2002, 12:18 PM
Ummm - post an image of your bottle, and of the label...
That way it's easier for us to see what the problem is, and help you find a solution.
Also, what software are you using (3D software)??

cmortier
05-30-2002, 09:46 PM
Ok, here is a picture of a rendering (I know, this is not a bottle, but I don't know the right name in english ... but it's the same).
My texture is 1440x500 and it is stretch on the rendering because I didn't know a way to calculate the right ratio. I assume 1440x500 could be the right ratio but it wasn't (1800x500 could have been a lot better).
The texture must cover what it cover in height and go around the bottle. But because it has text on it, it don't look good.
There must be a simple way to calculate the right texture size instead to try and try ...

ilasolomon
05-31-2002, 12:26 AM
u studied mathematics in school, so this is the way
use the measure tool in your software to obtain the R (Raduis)
of the can (the proper word for that bottle)
then this is the formula:
2xR(radius)x3.14='A'
now obtain 'B' that it is the hight of can
then:'A/B=C'...this is the right aspect ratio
so if you want a 1800 x '?' pixel image--> '?'=1800 / 'C'

cmortier
05-31-2002, 08:40 AM
Thanks, I will try that.

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 08:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.